1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAHmon and GPUs

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by PRJKITCH, 18 Dec 2011.

1. PRJKITCH

PRJKITCH What's a Dremel?

just built a new rig today I5 with a asus GTX 570 CuII got the i5 running the SMP client and the 570 the gpu client but for the life of me i cant find the FAHlog.txt for the GPU client to add to FAHmon any ideas guys? :worried:

2. StreetSam

StreetSam Minimodder

Given that you set them both up correctly, there should be two separate folders with the .exe and the work folder, it will be in there. If you don't have those folders then I can only assume you haven't set the clients up correctly. My guess is that you didn't give the two clients different machine numbers in the .config or they are operating in the same folder, which is bad. Without any other information we can't help you.

3. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

If you're using the systray client, the log files will be in one of the following locations:
    • In XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<your_windows_username>\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu\
    • In Vista/7: C:\Users\<your_windows_username>\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu\

4. PRJKITCH

PRJKITCH What's a Dremel?

found it :) win search didnt seem to show it untill it had finished its first WU
    GPU seems to be doing about 15k ppd for a 570 GTX oc to 852mhz and standard memory profile (if i remember right memory speeds dont make much diffrence to the total ppd)
    and cpu on smt @4.1ghz is giving bizzare results atm but this could be down to the diffrent projects im getting some times its around 14kppd then droping to 3k ppd still much better than the 4k ppd i was getting on my old machine :)

5. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

you want to use HFM really for monitoring your CPU as it calculates the bonus points.