1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory I need new Ram, help <3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dolan, 8 Jul 2012.

1. Dolan

Dolan What's a Dremel?

Hey guys this is my first post / thread on this website. Basically I'm in the middle of upgrading my computer and it has come to the part where I need to upgrade the ram. I've been looking at G.skill Ripjaw x ram sticks, I want 16gb total Ram but I only have 2 slots, so I need two 8gb ram sticks preferably around 1600mhz.

I've been searching around a long time and I can't find any 8gb sticks that are compatible with my motherboard, one website says one thing and another website says something different so It's hard to tell. I'm pretty terrible at this stuff.

Basically I need some RAM idea's posting, if you guys know of any 8gb ram sticks (for a total of 16gb with 2 sticks) @ 1600mhz compatible with my motherboard I'd be very grateful if you could share. I'd like the ram to be G.skill Ripjawx but anything around that performance level would be great.

Here are my motherboard and processor specs:
    (Im not sure if the processor will influance the decision but there you go ^^)

Motherboard : Gigabite GA-770T-D3L
    Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) II x6 1100T Processor (6 cpu's) 3.3Ghz.

Thanks for your time :thumb:

2. Posicoln

Posicoln What's a Dremel?

It would appear that your motherboard does not support more than 8GB of RAM, looking at the gigabyte website. scrolling to the memory section it says up to 8 GB of system memory.

3. Dolan

Dolan What's a Dremel?

Aha! I saw that but was told by a friend that the part about 8GB system memory meant I could only have a 8GB per stick but I could have more than 8GB total ram! Good thing I posted here after all. Thanks for pointing that out for me :)

With that in mind, what high performance 4GB sticks are out there which are compatible with my motherboard? This way I can utilize the 8GB I have to play but using two good 4GB sticks. :)

4. Dolan

Dolan What's a Dremel?

5. Dolan

Dolan What's a Dremel?

I also found this RAM which I would prefer over the Vengeance, here is a link to it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004HZG4ZO/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I looked on the compatible RAM's for my motherboard and some G.skill ram's are listed but it listed next to no 4GB sticks and I'm currently using a single 4GB stick in it, so just to be sure, would this G.skill RAM stick be compatible for my motherboard?

Thanks again for your time. :)

6. suragh

suragh Derp

removed

7. maestro0428

maestro0428 Master Modder

Corsair is a good brand of ram. I mostly use Adata xtreme sticks though. Make sure you get 1600mhz at a low latency, like 7 or 8. It makes a difference over 9-10 cas memory. If you are stuck with 2 slots you may as well buy the best 1600mhz memory you can get. You could run 1866 on that too, but its not that much faster in the real world. Most likely any name brand will work in your board. If it doesn't you can always rma.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

now remember that CAS 11 1600mhz isnt any faster than CAS 9 1333 mhz ram ;)

9. Dolan

Dolan What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the info guys. :) You've all been a real help. :thumb: