1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 2 Sep 2016.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Anyone else playing this as I have a question. As he is supposed to be a stealth master, why does he not get a silencer on any of his weapons from the outset? I started the game twice first time with the dart rifle which was pretty silent. The second with a combat rifle and I am thinking where is the silencer?

I got one when I got to the TF29 hub as I used a multitool to hack a safe there. But come on surely a silencer is/would be a standard kit for a man in his profession?

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is a game in which a guy with an unfeasibly pointy chin has a bunch of electronic and electromechanical augmentations attached to his body which allow things like punching through walls, seeing through walls, landing safely after jumping from the top of a skyscraper, and acting like a human claymore mine without damage in order to fight a bunch of similarly-augmented enemies and defeat a global conspiracy which includes multiple sentient artificial intelligences.

What I'm saying, here, is that realism may not have been at the top of the developers' wish-list.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

And there was me thinking it was real life:D

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Where does it say Jenson is supposed to be a stealth master?
    He has options to 'go loud' or 'all sneaky like' or a mix of the two that develop via your Aug choices and weapons upgrades but to my mind, there was no direct implication he was meant to by stealthy by default.

On the subject of the starting weapons, the Tranq Rifle is a quiet ranged non lethal option, or you get the option to take the Stun Pistol, again quiet and non lethal but close ranged. If you chose the combat rifle, were you not expecting it to be noisy!?

Incidentally, later on, most weapons, including the shotgun can have silencers attached at the cost of damage. Although stealth is about more than just a silenced gun, like using gas grenades, augments, environmental hazards, knocking out hostiles up close with your hands or just avoiding conflict all together.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2016
  5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

is this going to be another "Kronos complains about" thread?

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

If you like.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

If you want most of the achieves you cannot kill anybody. Ghost is even harder to obtain

8. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

In Human Revolution I got the ghost tick, somehow after going non-lethal all game I did not get pacifist. I reckon one of my sleeping beauties fell off a ledge or something.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Ghost is a lot of save reload to get it.

10. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Oh for sure, f5 f9 all the way.

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Anyone else noticed the AMD computers dotted through he game?

12. Bogdanovki

Bogdanovki What's a Dremel?

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

One curiosity, do you have any video or interview where its pronounced Deus Ex by the creators or how they want it to be pronounced?