1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Ask Mr Gigabyte a question in The Overclocker issue 3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Overclocker, 13 Oct 2008.

1. The_Overclocker

The_Overclocker What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

The management is well aware of this so don't be alarmed...

In issue 2 of The Overclocker we're asking people to put their questions about Gigabyte, and the tech industry in general, to Tim Handley. And Bit-tech is this month's guest forum (we don't have any forums ourselves, y'see - we're not competing with anyone we're just a periodical for all things overclocking, regardless of where it's published).

Here's the thing... a few years ago Gigabyte were a distant third in the motherboard arena behind, arguably, Asus and MSI. Then Tim Handley came along and Gigabyte is now vying for number one spot.

He's a beer-and-rugby loving South African who lives in Taipei. He's very well connected in the tech industry and has inciteful views on everything.

The best questions below will be published in issue 3 of The Overclocker.

Best regards,

Nick

PS - I realise that issue 2 isn't quite out yet, but I need to generate this thread link to publish in the magazine. Issue 2 will be out in a couple of days, further production disasters pending.

PPS - For those who have absolutely no idea what the hell The Overclocker is... it's the world's first, global, totally-dedicated-to-overclocking, tech magazine. It's grand aim is to be like a SlashDot for overclocking: linking the world's communities together. Have a look at www.theoverclocker.com

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I'll bump this for you, but I guess like me most people don't know what to ask :X

How does he expect a global recession to effect Gigabyte and the rest of the computer industry?
    Does he overclock? Has he ever had any overclocking disasters and killed anything?
    Does he get free stuff, if so what kind of stuff?
    What can he not live without in his life?

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

My question for Tim (or should that be statement?): Dude, we need to meet up for a drink next time I'm in Taipei!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hells yea - gotta throw him a ton of questions over a beer.

1) Why does he put up with fisher price looking boards?

I have to say, I do like reading this because it's a condensed different take on something I never have time to do in depth anymore. But Shamino jumping to EVGA for mobos.. don't you mean, EpoX ;);) :D

5. shadow

shadow honky ponky

Really there is a lot questions i would ask Tim like why he moved to Taiwan, etc.

But interesting thing is that it really seems Gigabyte is trying to become number one in overclocking arena, look at below post where they claim that their GA-EP45-UD3P won over Asus Rampage Extreme in FSB o/c.
    http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,105.0.html

cheers

6. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

When you see Tim, tell him the following:
    Howzit man... let him reply... then say - Lekker dude
    Its souht african talk ;-)

Tags: