1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Irrational Games reveals BioShock Infinite PC details

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Jan 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Sounds good but will have to wait and see how it pans out.

Never played any of the Bioshock games, but this one seems like one I might try.

For me graphics is a big factor when playing some games, and if I have never played any of the game in the series I simply don't bother with new ones but when I hear of stuff like this where they are going to pay extra attention to the pc version then, it gets my attention.

3. ev1lm1nd666

ev1lm1nd666 What's a Dremel?

Cool, looks like my pc will handle the game at high/full settings....

4. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

PC gaming sure is making a comeback! :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

5. Si_the-dude

Si_the-dude Techaholics Anonymous. 0 days clean

I am beyond desperate to get my hands on a copy of this. It's nice to see they've actually put some thought into the PC version of the game though I'll believe it when I see it!! :D

6. Deders

Deders Modder

Do pre release specs even mean anything these days?

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

30Gb's of space...

Daymn.

8. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Because who gives a **** how it plays so long as its pretty

</PC Gamer>

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

As I said graphics are a big factor but not the only factor.

I like the Call Of Duty games, not because of there graphics but because of the gameplay.

There are other games that have poor graphics that I play such as Minecraft etc because the gameplay is good.

It's just I would rather play games that are nice to look at aswell as being good at gameplay, in this day and age games should have really good graphics and good gameplay and not look like they were made over 10 years ago.

10. abezors

abezors Lurking since '08

The inclusion of high-res textures is a nice bonus to us PC guys. Come to think of it, I wish more PC releases followed this idea. Having a 3 or 4 disc install is awesome if it gives you enhanced content. Plus it gives even more people a real reason to switch to a PC over consoles

11. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Please change to disc 2...

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Positive steps, but yet another game which proves my theory that at 1080p or below, a 560Ti will handle anything acceptably.

The top cards of this generation are fantastic products and essential for big or multiple monitors, but are utter overkill for mainstream PC gamers.

13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

There are games that require the higher end cards if you want to max them out on the current generation though, Battlefield 3 whilst can be maxed out at 1080p on a GTX480 or similar it just does not feel smooth enough or atleast to me it doesn't.

I know Crysis 2 is also graphics heavy and Crysis 3 is supposed to be even more intense on the graphics card.

Granted a 560ti will handle most games, but it will start to struggle this year I think.

14. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Actually, Crysis 2, Metro 2033 and Battlefield 3 are three games I can name that my 560 Ti will struggle with if everything is maxed out at 1080p.

15. Shirty

That's the difference between "acceptably" and "maxed out" though. I don't think any games will crucify the 560Ti yet.

16. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I suspect that to a few gamers - maxed out is exactly equal to acceptably. The rigs that quite a few bit-techers have would seem to confirm that.

While true that a 560 ti will run pretty much everything thrown at it (especially if settings are reduced from max), there'll always be some that need the extra eye-candy to truly enjoy the game.

17. Shirty

Don't worry folks, I haven't lost my mind. I'm just trying to soften the blow of having to downgrade from a 670 to a 560Ti 448 to buy tyres of all things.

But you get my point ;)

18. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

:lol: I know what that's like ... Given the choice, I'd of chosen tyres too.

19. Xploitedtitan

Xploitedtitan What's a Dremel?

GTX 580 w/ 3 GB RAM, no toning down for me, even w/ native res of screen at 2560x1440 o/

20. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

@1080 Skyrim with all the high rez texture packs loaded and all the eye candy maxed out, it was playable on one 550Ti, but with two 550Tis, the difference was amazing. I never tried running it with a 560Ti though. I'm still on the fence though about SLI v's a single next gen card since this is my first foray into SLI. I had some power fluctuation issues initially, but those turned out to be related to my surge protector and had nothing to do with the PC itself.