1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to join our folding team

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Lizard, 23 Apr 2009.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

If you're new to all this folding malarkey then you need to do the following to join the team:

1. Download the appropriate folding client from http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

2. Once installed choose a unique username and enter the team number '35947'. You should enter the same username on each of your PCs/folding clients but you should check nobody is using it already.

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Right, I've changed my two clients from bit-tech to cpc/bit-tech. Not a huge folder, tbh, but whatever's spare, may as well put to good use!

edit: Holy carp.. I know it's all about the contributing, but 5th in the world? Bit of a jump from 300-odd :)

Last edited: 24 Apr 2009
  3. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

Just made the switch! Not commenting in the "Countdown" thread yet, since I'll be slowly moving work pc's over in the following week. count on around 20-ish:thumb:

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I just downloaded and installed it, how do you tell if it's folding? because my CPU usage is still only at around 2%

5. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

Which client did you install, i.e. CPU, GPU?

6. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

So let me get this straight. bit-tech had a folding team that was way down the rankings. Now they're all joining the CPC team (under a new joint name, but the existing team number)?
    That should boost production quite a bit.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

CPU, in the system tray it say I've done 600/2500

How do I configure it to do more work (CPU)??

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Was not aware bit had their own folding team. Lack of subforum dedicated to it might have been the cause of that :rolleyes:

9. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Count me in :thumb:

10. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Great to get new folk on to the new 'joint' Folding team - shame for those of you who have bashed away for bit-tech though (I'd be gutted if they had just pulled the plug on the CPC team in the same way) .....

[​IMG]

11. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

/joined. Got my 1ghz Duron and 2.2 athlon on this :cooldude:

I have one of my old accounts on Bit-tech so I have left my mark on that team.

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

The bit-tech folding team was never really pushed officially, but we're going to be spending a lot of time pushing the combined team. Right now it's only really being pushed in the forum, but with a front page facelift planned for later this year, it'll be something we'll actively push on the site as well. :)

I'll see if we can do anything in the interim though to raise awareness outside of the forums (it needs to be something on every page, really speaking, as bit-tech is quite a hungry beast when it comes to content - there's a lot being published every week).

13. cdb

cdb No comment

Having just checked their old team stats, they were averaging maybe 18000ppd, so don't get your hopes up too much. I guess it all help tho.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=33346

Am I being selfish in thinking that changing the team name isn't fair? Was it cyberpower (or another team) that joined us before and that team never got the credit they deserved in the team name. Maybe they'll change the forum name to even things out:D (Custom PC and bit-tech.net forums :rock:)

14. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Joined the CPC team yonks ago when it was first started but haven't had made any contribution for years now- can't even find my old username on there! Back on board now though, let's see if this Turion actually does anything.

15. saspro

saspro IT monkey

18k ppd, hahahahahahahahaha, I've almost hit that in one update some days.

Mike from Cyberpower disbanded their own team to join us (after a lot of persuasion), he did get a hello & I think there were some twiglets left for him.

The team name change is making me worry about the mag though, it was the mag's team not the websites team.

16. Vince_Kinslow

Vince_Kinslow Folding Millionaire

:eyebrow:Fully agree

17. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

Yes, and that's just another reason why this name change sucks!

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I tend to agree with Saspro on that. I think you've gotten to the bottom of why this all seems so strage in my head. Grats on that :rolleyes:

With a bit of luck and a lot of money invested, I will be producing per day approximately double what the old bit team produced in one day by mid summer... hehe, it does all help though! I can't help but think that there weren't a lot of GPU2 clients in amongst that 18K per day ;)

19. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

That's kind of strange, really!

I received another 9800GX2 from OcUK today and I'll whack that in the machine already folding with a single 9800GX2 tomorrow. I think the pair of them will be generating just over 18000 PPD. :D

Last edited: 26 Apr 2009
  20. Tim S

Tim S OG

It was 18,000ppd with no push from anywhere within the community (never mind on the front page)... there's one thread in the hardware forum discussing it, AFAIK. That said, there is/has been a lot of interest in Folding from a reviews perspective - we had a lot of requests to include it in our GPU reviews and now do as a result of that. I believe with an active push in the community and on the front page, there will be a big boost to the team's production... and one I hope will continue to grow. :)

Tags: