1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Anybody From The Old CPC Folding Forums

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by cgcox1, 24 Apr 2009.

1. cgcox1

cgcox1 Obessed Folder! Me? Surely not!

Well this all came as a bit of a shock.

Have all the usual suspects come across?

Does anybody else think its a bit of a shame the folding team name has had to change after all the years of folding?

2. saspro

saspro IT monkey

It's not changed in my eyes. Yes I am cynical

3. CyberpowerUK

CyberpowerUK Cause & Effect

/Wave

Ah well. more people to keep an eye on the threat meters now

4. uncle_fungus

uncle_fungus P/T Folding@home developer

Yeah, I'm here with the same salamander as before ;)

5. broadcaststorm

broadcaststorm Folding for 35947!

Hi!
    Must say, these forums are quicker (on this rubbish work machine anyway).
    Team 35947 is what it's all about!:thumb:

Dan

6. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Ditto :eyebrow:

[​IMG]

7. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

DocJonz,

Can we count on your PPD for the Chimp Challenge? :D

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I think the Doc's in China

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

a) Yes im here :hip:

b) Yes im a little disgruntled that they changed the folding team name after all these years. I'm ESPECIALLY annoyed that bit-tech got their name above CPC on the stanford team page. That's not on. It's been the CPC folding team and CPC memebers producing the millions of points from the beginning, imho bit-tech have no right to have their name on there... not until we see some contribution to our folding efforts from them anyway.

But like Saspro, that's just me being cynical.

10. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

I'm afraid, as Saspro has noted, I'm in China (again!) - so my Folding will be a bit sporadic (whatever the other half can bring on-stream during the re-wiring!) - apologies, but you'll have to count me out on this one ........

[​IMG]

11. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

Is it just me or is the front end of this site the most god awful thing in creation?

I'm a website code monkey and I can definitely detect a very codery design theme here.

I may just be spoiled by the sites that my company puts out, but, this thing looks like it was styled by a blind person with no taste what-so-ever. A blind person with no taste but only became blind in about the year 1999.

I'm here by the way. Popped into the CPC forums to look at a thread I'd contributed to a little while ago, and found that the forums could not be found :sigh:

12. JackOfAll

The team name is 'Custom PC & bit-tech'. ie. 'Custom PC' comes before 'bit-tech'! :D I take your point about the graphic, but does it really matter? The other way of looking at it is that we are now part of 'bit-tech' as well as CustomPC and we fold for both. There wasn't ever going to a vote on changing the team name. I guess we live with it or protest by not folding for the 'combined' team. I'll live with it, but I can see the other point of view.

13. 1Razor

1Razor Living life one day at a time....

Same scenario here! Bit of a shock to say the least, wasn't even aware of any rumours to this effect.

14. JackOfAll

Err, my opinions changing. Someone just sent me a link to a bit-tech (33346) team. Is this bit-tech.net. ie. here? That wouldn't make much sense to me. bit-tech already has a team but the CustomPC team has been renamed to 'Custom PC & bit-tech'. What gives?

15. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

Ah there was a thread a while back with jg_tech_ed aka lizard explaining why the site wasn't being updated frequently yet articles were being published over here more frequently. The impression that I got was that the forums would be moving in this direction.

I also had just recently, and prior to that post, read an article on this site referring to the CPC folding team and so I came here once I noticed the forums were down.

Nice of them to leave a link through to here eh? :rolleyes:

16. Majik

Majik Another CPC refugee

All the ol' faces are still here but it feels fresher so I'm all for it.

:thumb:

17. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Just had a look at the Bit Tech team, you could hardly call them serious folders, but they could tag onto us i suppose:D

18. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

That team's been around for a while without a great deal of activity. With the merger we're now encouraging anyone currently part of the bit-tech team to move over and fold for the joint team. Hopefully it'll give a surge of new members.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This was the basis of my original point m8y, I found out only very recently that they had their own folding team. Its seems our site got merged with their website and their folding team got amalgamated with our team.

:confused: Meh, the way the ENTIRE thing has been both handled and accepted (or not, as the case may be) by the staff and members respectively completely bewilders me.

20. JackOfAll

Can you please point me at the announcement where 'bit-tech' (33346) team members are being 'encouraged' to move to the combined 'Custom PC & bit-tech' (35947) team?