1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards which ASUS motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crispy, 27 Oct 2008.

1. crispy

crispy What's a Dremel?

I have a P4 3.0 ghz pc that is getting a system board and cpu upgrade. This is not the primary pc, so I am trying to keep the cost down. The pc has BFG video card and 4 gb of DDR2 667 OCZ memory which I want to reuse. The processor will most likely be a Duo E7300. The boards I have been looking at are:

P5QC intel p45 (refurbished) $81.90
    P5QL PRO intel p43 $84.50
    P5Q SE intel p45 $97.25

Update Oct 27: I purchased the ASUS P5QC. I could not find good data on the differences between the p43 and p45, so I was not sure what I would be losing by purchasing the P43 chipset. I chose the P5QC over the P5Q SE due to the DRR3 support for future upgrades.

Update Nov 2: Assembled the pc on the 31st and installed XP 32bit professional since i forgot to order a copy of Vista 64. I borrowed one of my back up WD 250gb drives from my primary pc for the rebuild. The board was suppose to be a bare refurb unit. Turns out it was an opened retail box with the one missing item, definitely scored on this one. Very pleased the board and the new processor. The The E7300 runs a lot cooler than the old P4 3ghz. Overall, one of the better upgrade decisions. Wish I had the cash to buy the two more boards and cpus to upgrade the other two P4 3ghz machines.

Last edited: 3 Nov 2008
Tags: