1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Overclocking for noobs!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Minitoz, 29 Jun 2010.

1. Minitoz

Minitoz What's a Dremel?

Hi, I have recently upgraded my computer to an intel i5-750 and want to overclock it. I have no idea what-so-ever on how to do this so i was wondering if anyone could give me a wee bit of help please.

My specs are: Gigabyte H55-UD2H motherboard, i5-750, 4gb ram, Scythe Shuriken Cooler, Sapphire Radeon HD-5850 and Cooler Master Elite case, although upgrading this to a CM Storm Sniper soon.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. CharlO

CharlO What's a Dremel?

Wow, nice rig altogether.

First thing I would recommend; Reading :p

For real, I have had now 3 PCs that I have overclocked, the first two via reading while I'm overclocking and testing on the fly. The one I'm using now, prior reading, a lot of it. Like two weeks (long time waiting for my 1055t ;P). Maybe is the combination of the processor and experience and good hardware, but I'm really a lot happier now with my overclocking and nos it really is fully stable.

Nevertheless, the last intel I oc'd was a P3 999mhz, got it to 1,2 Ghz. Seemed amazing, but it didn't last longer than two months (Was mostly for testing concepts and so, had a TEC on it, custom made WC, so I'm not sure was a problem of the clocking.) And I wouldn't let it runing 24/7 either. So no much help.

3. shoxicwaste

shoxicwaste Minimodder

Im not really to great or hot on overclocking, but there are plenty of guides out there! i found out the basics myself by playing around with BIOS settings etc!

4. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Last edited: 2 Jul 2010
  5. Minitoz

Minitoz What's a Dremel?

Hey, cheers for the feedback. while looking through youtube the other day, I found a few video's of someone showing the entire process of overclocking to 3.6Ghz on a Gigabyte mobo, apparently its the same procedure for all Gigabyte boards, would it be any good following that or should I steer clear? from looking at the authors profile, he seems to know what he's doing.

In case any of you are wondering, its called 'How to over clock an intel i5 750 (@3675.03Ghz) with all gigabyte motherboards.' Author is Keiki646.

Last edited: 5 Jul 2010
  6. CharlO

CharlO What's a Dremel?

By me, videos are nice for an overall idea, but the best is reading in forums different scenarios.