1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard coughs to Diablo III level cap bug

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 22 Jun 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

damned if they do and damned if they dont - and in south korea , the court has ruled against blizz and told them to issue refunds....

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Personally I'm proud of Blizz for standing up and pioneering the future of gaming. They were bound to hit teething issues (as all pretty much all online games are at launch) but they're soldiering on and doing new things.

Kill piracy, please, I hate it.

4. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

this doesnt kill piracy... this is to protect the players from scammers... which is retarded. Piracy stops when you give people more reasons to buy and have internet. Control cheaters effectively etc...

5. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

So those who payed the most are penalised again

6. Riffler

Riffler What's a Dremel?

Hoist by their own petard - Blizzard make a much bigger margin from digital downloads than boxed retail sales, and now, as in every anti-piracy action, they're punishing their most profitable customers.

7. Mak4ku

Mak4ku What's a Dremel?

Yet another reason for me not to buy any game with always online DRM. The broadband in my area is not great and frequently drops out. I just don't have the patience for this nonsense for single player games.

8. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

What exactly are they pioneering? Did you miss the whole "All our Ubisoft games will be protected with always on DRM!". That started with Assassin's Creed 2......

9. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Not to gloat but, haven't had any issues with my £26 retail purchase from Amazon ;)

Finding it's a little laggy at times but, meh..

10. Griffter

Griffter What's a Dremel?

kill piracy by treating the honest has pirates and post game sale demand them to verify themselves becos of something in the game that they might not never want to use?

11. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I'm glad I decided to give this game a miss (too many others to catch up on). Too many issues, too few fixes.

12. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

I rarely buy at launch, too many issues wait for at least 3 months let them get everything sorted first. Much less aggravation for me.

13. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

No penalty at all. You get all. Just have to wait up to max. 3 days. I see no issue here, except some people who might lack patience. But that is not Blizzards fault, it's their own for a lack of maturity.

Also, Instagib, I'm f****ng tired of people like you who complain no matter what. WoW turned **** partly due to people like you, loudly complaining about stuff that was just right.

D3 is a perfectly good game. Millions play it, love it, have fun, do not complain. Then some 50 tards go on the forums and cry because they're spoiled brats and Blizzards to some degree bends over. It's sad.
    I give you big kudos though for at least not playing it then. But then again, if you even gave it a miss, why do you think you have the right to form an opinion about a game you haven't even played?

Makes me wish sometimes that writing something in the internet should not be allowed to be anonymously. Would mean a lot less ********. Maybe there will be some kind of private-www some time, where you have to apply for access and then are identified by an ID. Maybe that would permit an internet-area that has a consistently high (and thus useful) level in the quality of its contents.

/rant off.. :)

14. mighty_pirate

mighty_pirate What's a Dremel?

That's still a penalty then. Just not one that's important to you.

Wow. Pretty hostile. All he's said was he's given the game a miss because it has a lot of issues. It DOES have a lot of issues. There's no denying that. The game might good enough to be worth overlooking them & they might be resolved but that doesn't mean they're not there or that glossing over the game because of them, when you already have plenty of others to play isn't a legitimate choice.
    I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm giving it a miss because I don't want to play online, don't have a 100% stable internet connection, like to play in locations that don't have internet at all & even when I do I have rather specific & limited amounts of spare time in which I don't want to decide to play a game only to find I can't due to connectivity issues on either my end or Blizzards. I'm not angry about it. But there's no reason why I shouldn't say that's why I'm not playing their game. If anything, that feedback is useful. Also, I didn't really like it that much. A lot of what I liked in Diablo II (& had hoped to see in III) was missing.
    I have the right to form that opinion because A: Everyone has the right to form an opinion. And B: I put a good half a dozen hours into the closed beta across several of it's stages & wasn't particularly enamoured with what I saw.

15. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

meh, dont want people spoiling my first run through and trying to stay off the auction house as much as possible because I find that kinda stuff annoying. I also find the online stuffs annoying as I work away from home with an exceptionally ungameworthy wifi service. hmmm

16. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

So, the future of gaming is to make it inaccessible to a large part of the gaming community across the world?

If I'm proud of ActivisionBlizzard for one thing, it's for being so capable as to be able to convince millions of people that something as backwards as always-online DRM is actually a good thing, even for those people who only want to play single player, offline. Either someone at A/B has a doctorate in psychology and is really, really good at making people believe that bad is good, or there's a room full of people with pointy-hats and magic wands doing something extremely clever.

Either way, if you have actually allowed yourself to be tricked into thinking that there are any benefits of this DRM to the consumer who wishes to play D3 in Single Player/offline mode only then I'd love to hear them.

17. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I really don't understand how they can justify making a new player wait up to three days to progress beyond the Skeleton King, something which can be cleared in a few hours.

Ridiculous on the face of it.

18. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I don't really mind always being connected as I do have a reasonable internet connection, but what it really annoying is that they are still selling the game for £40+, even when the game is broken. Usually when servers have to be maintained, there is an offline mode, but almost every other day, I have been on and in the breaking news section, it says the server has to go off for maintenance, often for over 3 hours.

I thought this game had a beta, is that not meant to sort things like this out?

19. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

WOW. Why don't you get off your high horse? Do you never put your two cents in? I am an avid gamer, playing many genes on many platforms. If i hear good things about a game I have not played, then I will go check it out. Having heard nothing but problems from friends with Diablo 3, then i do not feel especially compelled to spend my hard earned cash on a game that has issues.

Admittedly my original post was uncharecteristically negative, but, do you know what? Get over it.

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Not sure if you've played this, but this game single player is pretty pants. (Personally I don't think it's that great multiplayer but game quality is another story) If you bought this for single player you're missing the point.

Either way, the gaming audience this game is designed for (developed and parts of the developing world, ie, the US, EU and SE Asia) has, for the most part stable internet connections. Those parts of the world without stable net connections probably weren't meant to play this. Heck, they probably don't know this game exists. Those less developed countries are playing a totally different set of games in totally different ways.

Anyways, back to the point. Game devs and publishers need to evolve and adapt in order to stay around and push forward great tech. Whilst D3 didn't live up to my expectations, Blizzard are an excellent dev, survive very well on a PC platform that was supposedly dying, bought about innovations such as BattleNet and this, whilst a controversial decision, will probably evolve into something bigger and better for the gamer.

@Riffler: Blizz's most profitable customers will be those who use the RMAH, and they definitely need an online connection!

Tags: Add Tags