1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Asus

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by Weekly_Estimate, 9 Jul 2016.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

In 2014 i bought two MSI motherboards in which i lost £100s on due to bent pins and whatever which was kinda funny considering after installing a Asus straight after Everything worked absolutely fine.

Staying true to my word i’ve bought another Asus motherboard being the Maximus VIII hero to pair with my I7 6700K and i absolutely love it, Lighting, everything! The light on the ROG shield just below the ram sticks which change color was an amazing idea! Yes i now spend most my time watching my CPU go from hot to cold, green,yellow,red! And you can make it strobe to music!? Seriously useless but cool LOL, who needs a motherboard speaker… When you have a little screen which shows you what’s up!

Fantastic Board, Never had an issue! Keep up the great work!

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I'm not sure you can blame MSI for bent pins :p

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

LOL wut?

4. noizdaemon666

Is you LOL wutting at me Spreadie?

If so, it was in reference to the opening line of the OP. If not, then move along, this is not the message you are looking for...

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

No, the OP.

6. noizdaemon666

Have you read the 'what makes your life awesome?' thread recently? (I think it's that one anyway). Interesting self DIY from Evolutionsic. It may or may not also explain other strange behaviour like this thread :p

7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So you have two farmers selling cows and you're after some of that dam fine tenderloin meat. So you buy one cow from the first farmer, skin it, smoke it, season it and then cook it and it taste crap, So you figure must be the cow so buy another but then that taste like crap too! This time you’ve had enough of the first farmers meat because it always taste bad. So you purchase a cow from farmer number two you do exactly what you did with the first farmers meat however it taste brilliant and your happy.

I can certainly blame them for bent pins considering from experience i’ve had two MSI boards which magically ended up with bent pins and both my Asus boards have been perfectly fine.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2016
  8. noizdaemon666

I'm going to be brutally honest and say I saw the word cow and didn't read the rest. But I got the gist.

However, it's probably worth pointing out that neither MSI nor ASUS (as far as I'm aware) actually manufacture the sockets on their boards. It's usually either Lotes or Foxconn.

But beyond that, pins don't bend themselves.

9. Will_ASUSUK

Will_ASUSUK What's a Dremel?

Hi Evolutionsic, I am glad you are having an excellent experience with the Maximum VIII Hero! It is an excellent board, I think everyone needs a hero, til the end of the night. Bonnie Tyler jokes aside, glad everything is going well. In regards to the MSI boards, I am guessing that it could of just been damaged on delivery, happens to the best of us :)

All the best
    Will