1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning frequensee - Quad CPU Signals Analysis Machine

Discussion in 'Modding' started by InitialDriveGTR, 13 Feb 2013.

1. InitialDriveGTR

InitialDriveGTR What's a Dremel?

Been a bit since I posted here, but figured I'd share what I have been working on since my last build.

I'm going to use these four 8-core Xeon X7560's to perform RF data analysis.

[​IMG]

Using from 5 - 10 usb tv tuners acting as software defined radios, I can record and process a lot of data, really quickly. Part of the antenna array is hung on the back side of the case. Using the CUDA libraries from NVidia, it will have the ability to off load work from the CPUs to the GPUs. There's some other functionality that I have planned that I don't want to mention yet until it's further developed. Two computer science majors with access to a Dell R910 with the same four CPU setup are assisting me with the software setup for the time being. From today until mid-May I will be collecting parts for the build, the four Xeon X7560's I already have, which I think is a pretty good start. I will start sending out orders to have parts machined once I get back to work after this semester.

[​IMG]

It will be using two Aquacomputer 360 Airplex Radiators, in addition to a 240 Airplex Radiator. Two D5 pumps (also by aquacomputer) will push the water through the channels that are integrated into the case.

[​IMG]

Each CPU will have its own waterblock, and the the two GTX690's will also have full aquacomputer waterblocks (take the hint on aquacomputer here.....)

[​IMG]

These renders are all of an unfinished project, but expect updates every couple days. I want this design at the point where I can submit the model file to the machine shop and just wait for the parts to show up, by May.

[​IMG]

An older render from google sketchup.....

[​IMG]

Link to my thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1274057/build-log-frequensee-quad-cpu-signals-analysis-machine

2. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

32 cpu cores. Homina homina homina

And still your gonna do it in style :thumb:

May I assume that that overhang is for ducting air from the rad?

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

This sounds and looks promising.:D