1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Problems with SLI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mechh69, 26 Mar 2011.

1. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

I recently took one of my 260GTX core 216 video cards out of my computer. I was running 3way SLI with a 9600 for a Physix . Since i took one of the 260's out when I put the cards in SLI screen has a lot of distortion in it and the games are unplayable. If you use just one card the picture is fine. I have tried swaping the second video card out and no change. I have yet to try swaping the main video card yet, but I will get to that. Is there any program that I can use to stress the video card to see if its bad? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as always. The rig is in my SIG.

Thanks
    Mechh69

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Ok let's simplify things, mainly because I am confused.

1- Remove every GPU you have completely.
    2- Put 1 GTX 260 in, and power up your computer
    3- In Windows, download (don't install yet), the latest nVidia graphic drivers available.
    4- Uninstall your current Nvidia drievrs and restart your computer
    5- Install the newly downloaded drivers. Go under "Custom" setup option, and check the box to perform a clean of the old drivers.
    6- restart your computer

Now that is don,e everything should be up and operation (with 1 GPU). Test to make sure everything is perfect. If it's isn't try another GTX260.
    If it is all fine, add another GTX 260, and see if you can SLI that. From that point keep adding a GPU until everything is setup.