1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Well 'Ard and 'Ery 'Evy.....

Discussion in 'General' started by enterobsidian, 18 May 2012.

1. enterobsidian

enterobsidian Hopless World Wonderer

Hi Guys.

Looking for some help. I'm looking at taking some radio equipment offshore with me soon, and I'm looking for some heavy duty headphones to take with me. I'm probably looking for the holy grail of headphones, but it's worth a go.

Basically I need a set of good sounding heavy duty headphones that can take a slight battering and still be ok. Looking to spend a reasonable amount, maybe £30 or so. Full cover would be advantageous, and comfort features highly on the list. But probably most important is Rambo type toughness. They are going to be used in a saltwater environment, so they need to be up to the job.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Enterobsidian

2. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

spend more, you won't get anything that is both resistant and good quality for £30. At least not that I know of.
    Get those: Beyer dynamics DT100.

3. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

i'd go for beyers also, but you wont get them for £30 :waah:

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

You will get nothing decent for £30 let alone durable!

5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Add a zero to that . . .

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

do what I do for the tube, use your regular iPod head phones, but then over the top put a big set of over-ear ear defenders.

Works well, is incredibly budget and they won't be affected by the salt water. Also, it allows you to ignore ****ing irritating commuters on the District line.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

do what I do for the tube, use your regular iPod head phones, but then over the top put a big set of over-ear ear defenders.

Works well, is incredibly budget and they won't be affected by the salt water. Also, it allows you to ignore ****ing irritating commuters on the District line.