1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cooling start-up Cryorig announces first product

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 2 Dec 2013.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

They even pinched the Crytek color scheme!

3. enciem

enciem Minimodder

...or they got it from a basic colour wheel, or the yRGB format. Cryorig R1 Ulitmate is damn silly name mind. Sounds like release 1 of the ultimate, that's not very ultimate.

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Lets throw some noncense TM statements: DirectCompress, Heatpipe convex-align, Jet Fin Acceleration System, Heatsink Displacement Optimization, High Precision Low Noise HPLN, MultiSeg...

they must have hired an ex Monster Cable creative advertising guy too.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Or maybe they plan on making more money from patent infringements than selling products.

6. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Unless they're aiming for low-mid market, sleeve bearings aren't anything I'd be mentioning. Maybe they should have skipped some of the brainstorming sessions to come up with names for their Fancy Trademarked Technology™ and gotten about sourcing some ball bearing fans?

The more marketing speak I see from a company, the lower my expectations get. Given this versus a company that gives the equivalent of "they're heatpipes, what do you want from me?", I'll go with the latter every single time. Or at least show what you can do before your marketing guys leave a trail of slimy sales-grease all down my monitor.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

If your looking for low noise sleeve bearings are preferable as ball bearing fans tend to exhibit a little more noise.