1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming PlayStation 4 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 29 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Maybe wait until next year then, and get both a console in the living room and cheaper games on Steam :p

Did you find that Sony has temporarily disabled the friend activity in both what's new and content info sections ? From what i have read these have been disabled due to teething problems.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

A definite purchase....just not yet.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Sony disabled those to reduce server load expected from European launch.

5. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Pretty good for a launch day. Games will just get better with time, when devs will master the architecture. Prolly a buy ... in a year or so :D

6. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Xbox One Review?

7. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

In the works.

8. Panos

Panos Minimodder

I have a high end PC (4820K, GTX780) however always had my PS3 and going to get a PS4 for those games that I do want to play while laying on the sofa, on the 50" plasma, with the surround sound at full blast.

Fallout 3, Oblivion & Skyrim come to mind. Yes on my PC with the mods look stunning, but cannot beat them when they just came out, on a 50" plasma with the surround booming
    (the benefits of being divorced :D )

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Will be picking up a PS4 early next year when Drive Club & Infamous become available. None of the launch line up have made me want to pick it up earlier. DR3, Lego & Forza 5 on the Xbone will keep me going for a while yet so I am in no rush.

I am looking forward to seeing what exclusives we can expect from each console.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I don't play consoles very often any more, but the design and thought that's obviously gone into making the PS4 a good experience is very attractive. The XBOne will have to be very good indeed to compete, and eventually I think the extra power of the PS4 will make it a smarter choice for 1080p gaming.

11. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I've read both of these reviews and the simple reason I'll never buy a console again is simply the price of the games. £60 for FIFA or even £50-something for BF4? Nah, you're alright.

12. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Although my PS3 is suffering quite badly with YLOD I am going to stick with it (and intermittently toasting it with the heatgun) for a bit longer because there is still a backlog of games to get through. PS4 will be my future choice though.

13. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

They can all be had for around £45 in the major supermarkets (DR3 for me was £44.99 in Sainsburys).

Digitial pricing though is just stupid.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

£45 for a game isn't really much more acceptable to me than £60 a game, to be honest :D

15. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

I haven't bought a game since I signed up to PS+ I get more than enough free through that than I actually have time to play.

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Fair point :p

17. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I bought BF4 for £26, I would never consider paying twice as much to play it on a console!

18. veato

veato I should be working

New consoles games are expensive but deals can be had. I picked up BF4 on Xbox One from Tesco for £38 using a voucher. Also 6 months down the line I'll still have a tradable/sellable game to recoup some of that difference.

19. rollo

rollo Modder

Guessing very few of those commenting have kids that want the next must have console to play there games with there m8s.

I know my friends kids have already started asking for it. Eventually he will cave as parents always do and be foking out for the games on console like fifa 14 despite the fact you can pick it up on pc for 1/3rd of the price.

Personally ill wait till it gets cheaper in a year or two and pick up all the games that i want to play then same as i did with orginal xbox and ps3.

20. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Not seen anything to convince me the PSBore will do anything more than the XBoxOne. It's all well and good talking about the inner workings of AMD technology when we know ourselves that on paper it always looks good but the application tends to turn it into a turdburger.

Given that Sony have elected to call it a gamers games console will shoot itself in the foot. People do want it connected to everything from Movies to Music and for those with the 50" TVs, the over heating box just for games makes it too expensive if that's all it does well. The launch titles suck balls btw, so I can see it's short comings being even more evident in the coming months.

Tags: Add Tags