1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Most Buzzworthy Titles of 2013?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by notmeagain, 12 Aug 2013.

1. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

As per title,

I'm interested this half of the year in trying out all the new stuff I can, but haven't the faintest clue as to what's really coming, and what's "worth the time".

I had my eye on Spellunky and Cubeworld, and have been having a blast, but are there any more must have titles coming out this year?

Indie, AAA, doesn't matter.

I appreciate your thoughts/feedback.

Honourable Mentions:

Mainstream
    Arma 3
    Godus
    Rome Total War 2
    Watchdogs
    Takedown : Red Sabre
    FFXIV - A realm reborn (Aug 27th)
    Planetary Annihilation
    X: Rebirth
    Battlefield 4
    GTA:V

MMO
    Everquest Landmark
    Elder Scrolls:Online
    FFXIV
    Dayz Standalone

Indie
    Hotline Miami 2
    Machine for pigs
    Routine
    Papers, Please

-it seems the future is getting brighter by the hour!

Last edited: 13 Aug 2013
  2. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Arma 3, Godus, Takedown : Red Sabre, GTA V - and so much more - my wallet weeps...

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Watch Dogs too.

4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

FFXIV - A realm reborn (Aug 27th)

Rome total War II (2nd Sep)

that will pretty much end my social life

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Planetary Annihilation
    X: Rebirth
    Battlefield 4

Those are my main ones.

6. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Does anyone have anything along the lines of indie dev style games?
    I can honestly see myself spending stupid money on AA+ titles and wasting the autumn, but would like some of the lighter-weight games being recommended.

Ala:
    Machine for pigs
    Routine

- Now, Routine has my pants on sticky alert. that game looks like it can coax reactions from both main orifices down there.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Check out the Kickstart completed campaigns pages, Steam Greenlight, IndieGoGo and a few others to get some ideas.

ROAM, Zombie Playground and TUG are 3 titles that I've backed and am very excited to get my hands on. TUG is in early alpha so far and it's been an absolute blast to tinker with so far.

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Rome looks good. But FFXIV, seriously? XI was so horrible. XIV is shaping up to be pretty similar, just with an updated engine. Be sure to tell us if it's worth the buzz or not, because i'm not convinced.

IMO The Elder Scrolls Online looks to be the MMO to beat when it's released.

9. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

MMO killed it for me.

I loved morrowind where the events you took part in affected the whole of the game, people treated you differently etc.
    Oblivion lost this, and Skyrim impacted the problem.

An MMO, instanced grind-fest set in the elderscrolls universe to me sounds like a disaster.
    But I'm completely ignorant of the game as a whole, I'd rather not get sucked into the hype train and depart at disappointment.

10. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I'm going to throw Everquest Landmark into the ring... Comes out end of this year and if it wets your fancy, Everquest Next comes out Spring 2014. If you like making stuff in Minecraft, Landmark has much nicer tools and you will be able to share your creations through Sony Player Studio...

11. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

You don't depart at disappointment, they hang you out the window to be hit in the groin by a lamppost.

Personally I'm hoping it will be more than a "WoW cookie cutter" game, but I doubt it. Will be opened minded when I launches, but nothing more.

OT: The only game I'm absolutely looking forward to is Watch Dogs. I would say GTA V as well, but I'm not buying a console just for that.

/2cents :thumb:

12. adrock

adrock Caninus Nervous Rex

i know right. we still need so much closure on what happened to the Nerevarine and Vivec. Skyrim went all a bit GoT/Farseer trilogy with 'omg, dragons are returning'. I think it might have been better if they'd just stopped at the end of the 3rd era and done some titles set earlier (remake of daggerfall?). The well developed lore is what separates it from generic fantasy for me. Patrick Stewart even said in an interview once that he was given more background material for doing Uriel's voice than any other role he's played.

I did like that in oblivion you were just some guy helping out 'the chosen one', rather than being super special yourself.

rant over, X: Rebirth, Arma 3, BF4 I'm looking forward to. Some of the others getting a lot of buzz I'm less convinced about :/

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

most buzzworthy game...? perhaps, Sim-Beekeeper? :worried:

From the E3 presentations for the new consoles very little strikes me as "OMG, must play", Watchdogs looks ok, but I'm not convinced it's my kind of game.

Diablo 3 possibly (but most people interested in this will have already have played the PC version).

AC: Black Flag, again I'm not sure, couldn't really get into AC3 (but I'm still willing to carry on playing it).

KI, one of my favorite fighters from the SNES era, but I don't think it's a system seller.

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The buzz so far is very good, it's structured like a normal Elder Scrolls game so the traditional NPC with ! marks are absent and so are kill X number of Y to Z quests. Large portions of it are single player friendly as well.

Whether they can keep that quality all the way through an MMO sized game (and more importantly, keep it in the months/years after release) remains to be seen, but initial reports are all good.

ARMA III looks ace, BF4 looks more and more like BF3+ the more that gets released, but hopefully it will grow into something better over time like BF3 did.

15. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

ES:O, now i've done some research seems "ok-ish".

I fear for the first hour "wow, so glad i bought this",
    second hour: "how did they convince me to buy this?"

situation i find myself in with games of this type.

WoW held me captive for many years and will always hold a special place in my heart, but it's like that ex-girlfriend who got fat and had babies with the Chav down the road.

Let's hope it holds a torch to the brand it's representing.

BF4 looking like BF3+ - damn straight, with additional pointing.
    It drives me mad the YouTubers saying things like "BF3 is getting to be an old game you know, can't wait until BF4", to me it looks the same with some more polish and event driven maps.

Still looking forward to it though.

ArmaIII, considering I played flashpoint until my eyes bled, arma, and arma2 until my implants fried and the parents mistook me for dead one day... this game is going to rule the roost for me in replayability for the next 2-3 years.

WatchDogs to me is more like fulfilling my pre-teen fantasies when playing Syndicate, mixed wholeheartedly with the fascination with the Thief games. - i just wished i could be one of those guys walking around hacking stuff, being all super spy/badass/hax0r. Definitely on my wishlist for this year.

Just stumbled onto this:
    Hotline Miami 2

Looks promising!

16. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Lol - that was me!

17. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Not sure where you read that (specifically the kill X of Y to Z), but if it's true I'll be soooo happy.

You all realise that if this game is anything like the single player versions, there isn't going to be a loose plate, cup, flatware, or any piece of food left in anyone’s house after launch week!

:worried: What?! I might need it later....

18. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

Indie Game - Papers, Please
    stonking good fun!

Im looking forward to Arma3 and X Rebirth, possibly the other half is getting me an xbox one for xmas so Destiny, BF4 (maybe, i should really stick with a PC version shouldnt I) and Titanfall (i heard its meant to be ace) for that.

And OFC GTA V

Maybe Dayz Standalone also....

19. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

Indeed.

Would be fun to RP as an Imperial law-keeper.
    Randomly shouting "STOP CRIMINAL SCUM!" at passing argonians, and then chasing and beating those who run.

Elder Scrolls LA edition!

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

X Rebirth is number one for me. Knowing Egosoft it'll be buggy as hell on release but if there's one thing they do well (apart from making good games) it's aftersales support. I'll be preordering this.

Batman Arkham Origins looks cool but several trilogies recently have had aweful or marred final chapters. I'll wait for it to be at least 30% off before buying. I have a shedload of games to get through in the meantime.