1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVGA launches EPower VRM board

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 25 Jan 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Yeah....I think I'll let electronics engineers at the graphics card manufacturers do the task of selecting and implementing ideal VRMs for their cards, thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

3. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Then this product is not for you!

I looks interesting and I would love to see someone from here use it!

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Ugh, double post.

6. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Looks like it could be a good Idea if you were into the hardcore side of overclocking with more exotic cooling but i'm not sure i'd use it on my home pc.

Looking at some of the soldering that those guys in the link have done really makes me cringe.

7. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Very interesting. I suggested something akin to this as part of my entry for last years competition run by Asus - Modular VRM's.

Now, if eVGA could make this a truly modular design without any soldering required, then imagine how motherboard design could be taken. First the VRM's, then the CPU socket and RAM sockets all on daughterboards. It'd be like 1989 again, but this time with enthusiast class kit allowing us to seriously customise kit to suit.

I know it eeks of diversity which adds cost, but done right I think this is the nugget of a genius idea. After all, i had the same one :) ...sort of

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

If I could use Liquid Nitrogen without being moaned at I would use this if it meant I could really push my hardware to it's limit's and beyond for some suicide run's.

I would love this sort of thing to be able to be bought and slotted on to the board's meaning we could choose what we run on the board's in term's of VRM's etc.

9. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

What is really cool is that if this tech takes off to daughter boards it can really open up a new age of durability as well. Motherboards are getting very expensive for the high range and this tech would let you replace just the daughter board in the event of a vrm failure instead of the entire board. This could also make things faster and easier for servers! Time to replace daughter board < time to replace motherboard.

10. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

File this under Ultraextremecoollollercoaster or whatever it is BT refer to it now as.

11. Chiller1

Chiller1 Hybrid Level 10 building

12. Madness_3d

Madness_3d Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Top notch idea for some serious extreme overclocking :D

Tags: Add Tags