1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Norton system Doctor can't monitor my computer anymore :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deders, 1 Mar 2013.

1. Deders

Deders Modder

I've been using System Doctor to monitor different aspects of my computer's performance for many years now, things like CPU usage, Disk speeds, download and upload rates, memory performance etc. It links into windows' own performance sensors to give readout like this:

[​IMG]

It's very handy as I can often just take a glance at it and know what's happening at any given time, up until today.

Last night I switched my computer off (no updates were installed) with it still reading like above, this morning I turn it on again and most of the readouts say 'Busy', meaning it couldn't get any readings, all the sensors have disappeared from the configuration pages. When I open Windows' own performance monitor I get this message:

[​IMG]

So windows itself is having difficulty accessing the sensors. I've tried re-enabling Remote Registry Service as someone recommended on Microsoft's site but still nothing. Can anybody help?

Edit, have found through the system report that the WMI Performance Adapter service had stopped itself, I've re-enabled this along with Performance Counter DLL Host & Performance Logs & Alerts, but still no joy.

Last edited: 1 Mar 2013
  2. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Not sure how to fix it but the new windows 8 task manager does all this, and looks a bit nicer too :)

3. Deders

Deders Modder

Looks like it does a lot of what I'm looking for, except for disk speed. It also looks as if it takes up a lot of screen space too.

I've tried a System Restore but no luck, looks like I'm going to have to re-install windows again:wallbash:

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

It does disk speed too, and you can set it to a smaller mode.

However, for an alternative to that, have a look at rainmeter. Its a bit more complicated but is integrated into the desktop more than task manager.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

If windows is itself having a problem accessing perfmon you will need to get that addressed first, but after you get that sorted you might look into rainmeter if you want to have access to such metrics at all times. It's probably less clunky and can sure look a hell of a lot nicer and does all of that info and more.