1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards 1156 motherboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tuffnall, 27 Aug 2013.

1. Tuffnall

Tuffnall What's a Dremel?

Rare as rocking horse poo. Can't find a decent one anywhere unless you want to spend £250 at Amazon. This is going to make my cheap upgrade exceptionally expensive. Why are they so rare? I can find 939's and 775's easy enough and they are older and the newer 1150 and 1155 are plentiful as well. Was their sales life just too short?

Sent from Bittech Android app

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Here are all the Intel socket I can find :

[​IMG]

3. Deders

Deders Modder

They were only about for a year or so until the next socket arrived. Have you tried PC Upgrade? Last time I was there they had a couple in stock but that was some time ago.

Tuffnall likes this.
  4. Tuffnall

PC Upgrade? That's one I haven't heard of. Is it PC upgrade.com? I'll have a look thanks :)

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

S 1156 lasted 19 months from release to discontinued.... 1155 will be pretty much similar

6. Deders

Deders Modder

7. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

There's a few on ebay at the moment:

MSI P55-GD65 - £72.89 delivered

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - £40 delivered but missing its backplate and accessories

ASUS P7P55D - Currently bid to £6.50 with about 5 days left

Alternatively, get your post count up to 75 and ask in the marketplace :)

8. Tuffnall

Never heard of PCupgrade before but looks like a website I will be using a lot in the future.

I'll have another look at Ebay but I was looking all over the bank holiday weekend and never saw anything that cheap.

I had been looking at possible CPU upgrades as well but looks like the processor I have
    (Core i3 550) once overclocked is going to be more than sufficient. I couldn't see any real world advantage to upgrading, even the core i7 880 was barely faster in games. The only real differences were in heavily multithreaded applications which I just don't use. It also consumes less power. I got my info from CPU World that does side by side comparisons. So I guess I'm looking for a decent overclocking board which I believe would be the P55 boards??

Thanks guys.

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Look for used ones. Best chance. I remember EVGA selling a few P55 boards for cheap at their refurb store too.