1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mass Effect Movie Deal Signed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 8 Apr 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

I don't see it as an anime film. more of a tv series starring a kevin sorbo like actor.

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I hope we're talking more Akira than Spirited Away...

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

If it's going to be animé then perhaps it will be decent. Wouldn't count on it just yet though.

Think happy thoughts of ME3.

5. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

If FUNimation are involved I wouldn't set my hopes up... Why would they go to a *distributor* rather than the actual anime makers??

6. DwarfKiller

DwarfKiller What's a Dremel?

I'll hold my judgements for now. FUNimation can be hit and miss.

7. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Leave our games alone!! Let a 3D animation company take it over and with the same writers of the game. Us the game engine or an advanced version, do the MGS thing or heavy rain only remove all control from the viwer to make it a film. Don't let hollywood or "film artists" get their hooks into this. the fan base has been amazing because they've remained true and used different styles to show this. Films designed for an audience often forget the loyal fan base that made the game popular in the first place.

8. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

No! Not anime crap.Please...
    If you're going to do ME animation something then get Blur to do it and get a decent sci-fi writer. Additionally it should avoid having any of the major characters in it.

9. llamafur

llamafur WaterCooled fool

The first thing I think of when I hear ME2 and anime together, is cheesy and boring. If you're going to make a video game into a movie wouldn't it be easier to use the existing engine, textures and models to make it?

10. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

As long as it doesn't have a male heroic Sheppard appearing... because as we all know Sheppard is the queen bitch of the universe, not some bald obeying idiot. ;)

11. The_EXorcist

The_EXorcist Possibly Australian

From Dragon Age you might possibly get a good anime, but Mass Effect... nope, can't be done, please don't do mass effect, you cant get a good movie from it

12. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Production IG know their stuff (though recently seem more concerned with iffy stereoscopic re-releases of their existing movies than making new series) , but the involvement of Funimation? Eeeeh, it's a rare occurrence when they don't screw things up.

Wait, I was sure it IG was listed last time the rumor went around, but turns out T.O. Entertainment is doing the animation. Colour me particularly less enthused.

13. jimbok11

jimbok11 What's a Dremel?

i saw they've done some CGI version of Warhammer 40k stuff...looked ok...but it seems that it could've been better...

14. omicron

omicron Baud.

Oh christ, animated?
    Noooooo...!

Please don't make an anime. Never in the history of mankind has there been an anime that can be judged as a good film, rather than just a good anime. Ten times this when it comes to American anime.
    Even the lofty Akira (dub) suffers from having a pretty poor story and by having the same dire voice actors that we've been using since anime made it over here, as well as the same old of including bizarre events, fashions, plot points etc that I suspect make perfect sense in Japan but are just baffling elsewhere in the world...

Don't do it, Bioware!

15. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I love anime and I love Mass Effect, so this could be bloody amazing. Notice I said could. Here's hoping they don't ruin it.

pendragon likes this.
  16. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

urgh, if dead space ani's were anything to go by, expect utter tripe. They should keep the games engine but you can't have a commander sheppard in it. Since sheppard was a customisable character down to gender, tailored to the players own liking with powers and tactical choices which tweaked the story.. What are the chances they'd have a sheppard even one person could associate with?

If they're serious about making it, they need to go from a different angle, perhaps expanding on the rachni wars and the genophage?

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Fizzban +1 .. This^^^

edit: also .. I too wonder why they didn't approach a company like AniMax which has/is done/doing 3 different Marvel mini series .. but my best guess on that is likely that Bioware and Funimation are both US-based ..easier than international stuff perhaps?

Last edited: 8 Apr 2011
  18. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

I was hoping for a 'Thunderbirds' type puppet epic with proper exploding models.

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

This is going to suck so hard.

20. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

urgh, yeah really can't see this as an anime at all. Shame, as the books (and obviously games) are brilliant.

Tags: Add Tags