1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Digital copies that come with Blu Ray films?

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 10 Jun 2013.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

A while back my wife bought me the film Knight and day but she accidentally bought it on blu ray and at that time we didn't have a player so I activated the digital copy and watched it on my pc.

This is where the issues began, I reinstalled my pc due to an SSD upgrade and the digital copy never worked again. It's not too big a issue now as I have since purchased a blu ray player.

The issue I need to resolve is I have some other blu rays with digital copies and I'd like to activate them to play on my daughters tablet but I'm concerned that once I do that I won't be able to activate them on my own tablet which I intend to purchase in a couple of months.

Has anyone had any experience with the digital copies, can they be de-activated and then re-activated on another device?

Last edited: 10 Jun 2013
  2. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Personally, I've never bothered with the packaged digital copies for a couple of reasons. 1. Many times they are either poorly encoded, or standard definition versions, or both. 2. There is the inevitable hassle of the DRM that may come attached to the copy.

If I want to have a digital copy of a film, I rip it and do my own encoding. This allows me to get the best encoding quality for whatever file size I need, plus I can trim out any extraneous bits (e.g. the logo for every production/distribution/catering company).

3. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

IIRC they are locked to a device, I don't believe you can transfer them either. Or at least I haven't found a way to.

4. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

A lot of new ones seem to have an Ultraviolet copy which isn't really like a digital copy but more a streaming copy that you need a UV app on the tablet. I personally don't use any digital copies unless I can get iTunes version (like Ted & Skyfall came with)

5. bladecs_04

bladecs_04 What's a Dremel?

If you did it in iTunes it activates to your account so you can redownload it from your purchase history

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Hmm that sounds like an idea, I don't have an iTunes account but that can be fixed.