1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Best place to bulk sell dvds

Discussion in 'General' started by CrapBag, 28 Jan 2015.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have been given a big pile of original dvd's that I have taken what I want from and now plan to sell the rest as instructed.

I don't want the hastle of selling the piece by piece so I was thinking of using a site like Magpie.

Is there a better one that pays more or are they all much of a muchness.

2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

You could try CEX?

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Items for sale pages on Facebook, if you have one local its easy to part with bulks of them

Selling individually depending on the age you'll be looking at small change (unless you just want rid) I see bulks of 50 going for around £30-£35 assuming they're fairly new, good classics or series/collections.

4. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

I sold my entire DVD/Blu-Ray collection about a year ago, I looked into the various selling sites, but in the end chucked the lot up on eBay, mainly because I couldn't be bothered listing them all on Magpie etc. I got more than what I expected though so I was happy.

I don't know if it's still the same but they wouldn't take duplicates last time I looked, I had quite a few that had either been given to me or I'd bought in sales forgetting I already had it!

5. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

If you do put them on ebay, best to put them as "Buy It Now" and price competitively to other listings, they will go well that way. Auction just doesnt seem to sell.... (or at least it didnt mid last year when I sold a bunch of DVDs)

You could always post a list here and offer bulk purchase? i.e. 10 for £xx inc postage, and let people pick the ones they want? then just chuck the rest at ebay/magpie/cex/charity shop

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I just got rid of a load of Wii / PS3 games, doing the following,

1. Spend a few hours with your smart phone and music magpie app scanning barcodes, it will give a price list.
    2. I typed each game into CEX which took a while, get that price list.
    3. Compare the lists and make a pile for each store which has the better price.

I then sent whichever game(s) to the better priced store. It took a while to work out, had to post 2 parcels, but I got about £30 more this way which made it worth it.