1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News THQ announces Dawn of War 2: Retribution

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Aug 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

erm... weren't orcs already playable in DOW2? Or do they hint on the single player missions? Eager to await further new on this.

3. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

MINOR SPOILERS BELOW FROM DOW2

If I was to hazard a guess, based on the ending to the last game, I -think- they might be going back to the more orthodox large army command for the next game. It's just a guess, but the last game ended with your commander character promoted to lead his own company and assorted armies poised to enter the battle for the system once again on a grander scale. I was half expecting a sort of open map based kind of approach as they adopted for the later iterations of the older Dawn of War. Not sure if Orks would work as well as Space Marines for a campaign along the lines of the original Dawn of War 2 because while I can imagine a small unit of Space Marines with veteran squad leaders battling huge odds and so on, I imagine orks having a much higher attrition rate, plus they tend to mob things.

Still, colour me intrigued. :)

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ORkz Orkz orkZ ORkz! Good to hear :) mind you, I still haven't played Chaos Rising, but it's waiting on Steam for me....

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

man i cant wait for the MMO....... just copy all the leveling, squads, and RPG stuff from DoW and put it on an MMO, and ill be happy.

6. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

As hinted by Sotu, I will point out that it's "Orcs" for Warhammer and "Orks" for 40K. Yes, I am that pointless.

Looking forward to this. Love 40K and THQ have done a good job with the DoW franchise.

I reckon it will either be Imperial Guard or Inquisition judging from the video that was released. Pay attention to the "i" in Retribution, it uses the Inquisitorial symbol.

I'm still waiting for Chaos Rising to be a reasonable price on Steam, the sales haven't given any good discounts on it yet.

Tags: Add Tags