1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards P6X58D Premium vs GA-X58A-UD7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ac4155, 7 Feb 2010.

1. ac4155

ac4155 What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

So, i'm deciding what to use for my next build and it comes down to 3 motherboards i have chosen. But this is where i would like your help on picking one and your thoughts on the or if you have had experience with any of them.

The first one is the P6X58D Premium, which has USB 3 and Sata 3. From the reviews i have read about it this seems a great board and is the one which i am leaning towards. At the minute its on scan for £268.10

The second board is the PT6 Deluxe V2, This was the original board i was thinking about before stumbled upon the P6X58D Premium. Its currently £201.40 on Ebuyer

The third board is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7, which also has USB 3 and Sata 3. But i have never had any experience with Gigabyte which makes me weary of it. This board is currently £259.77 from Ebuyer.

There was also the P6T SE which caught my eye and i would be tempted to get and is currently £140.85 on Ebuyer.

So, what are your thoughts on these boards and what would you recommend. My budget for the motherboard is about £250ish.

Thanks for the help
    AC

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Gigabyte is a good board, but there is one problem.

They love releasing updates for the same board everytime shafting buyers who get the first revision(me for example, with my EP45-UD3P rev.1).

If you don't really need the USB 3.0 and SATA 3.0, then go for the P6T, it owns.

But with that said, it's really up to you to get some future proofing, although 50 quid isn't really worth it to be honest.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

That is not really true. The new update is because of the new features, so naturally they will release it. I mean what, they will wait for a brand new CPU with it's own chip-set before integrated USB 3 and SATA 6gbps.... Of course, not! And they don't do surprises, they announce them before. The simple fact of doing the production, updating manuals, doing the drivers disk, and supplying store with it, it takes at least a month.

I built for my brother a computer with a Gigabyte board, they are very solid boards, just as good, if not better than ASUS boards. For the Gigabyte board I just installed everything, and the system detected everything properly. I just needed to set the system date and time, enable quick boot (as everything has been tested that it works, so why not skip some tests), and disable Floppy drive, as I don't have one (if enabled, and you don't have one, Vista/Win7 setup might get stuck at the loading.. that is a Windows setup bug). That is all.

I was very happy working with it, and I think I might get a Gigabyte one for my next system upgrade (in summer probably).

Last edited: 7 Feb 2010
  4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Fair enough, but they do have a habit of releasing 10 of basically the same board. Other than that Gigabyte boards are quite awesome though.