1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not dead! I am almost a millionaire though...

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by Unicorn, 5 Aug 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Well hello there everyone! Apparently I "...last visited: 16th Jul 2009 at 12:24". Now that is shameful :eeek:

I can't believe it's been so long actually. It felt more like a week or so but it's been well over a fortnight since I have even been on the bit-tech website never mind read or posted anything on the forum. Some of you may have thought I was on holiday but I only wish I was :p I got the opportunity to tender for a couple of contracts about two weeks ago and have been busy trying to get them (incidentally we did, which is great :)), and have also had a large increase in workload at one of my other jobs. 14-16 hour days have been the norm for the past fortnight and I've just about been able to get to bed in time to get whatever sleep will take me through the next day :yawn:

All that mixed with my flashlight hobby "flaring up again" (there's a thread somewhere in "General" about that if you didn't catch it) - which usually means me spending some time over on candlepowerforums.com - has meant that I haven't had spare time to dedicate to bit-tech, folding or even the demotivational posters thread (forgive me John!) and probably means that all my favourite threads on here have grown by about 10 pages since I was last here and must now be read!

I didn't stop folding completely this whole time, although some major changes were made. I stopped folding on my own everyday machine completely because I needed it for the CAD work that I have been doing over the past couple of weeks and also I have had a disaster with the company that have been hosting the (Dormant) Genuine Gaming forum for the past 4 years and for the past month or so, my folding stats page.

Gameservers.com closed my account when I failed to pay my latest invoice which happened because I was in Donegal on holiday the weekend that the payment was supposed to be sent. For the past two weeks now I have been emailling them and requesting that they re-open the account and restore the website and forum from backups (Which I know they keep because this unbelievably happened once before) because the last time that I did a backup of the content databases was about 2 months ago. They have ignored every email that I have sent and as a result I have had to take legal action and involve our Solicitor in the matter. I wouldn't care as much if the forum didn't contain so much content from the past 4 years - up until about 2 years ago gK were one of the more well known clans in the ED league and were very active, and during that period of activity a lot of threads were started on the GG forum. It would be a real pity to lose all those memories.

Anyway, enough rambling about what I've been doing for the past fortnight or 3 weeks, the last and most important thing that I want to discuss is what my folding rigs have been doing in that time - I am ALMOST at 1M points, currently sitting at ~947,000. I should be a folding millionaire before the weekend ;) :thumb:

2. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

tl;dr... can I have some of your money?

3. Taffy

Taffy Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Hi Uni, glad to see you on the forum, I noticed that you were back on my Radar. sorry to see that you were overworked and underpaid :D

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

You probably should have read it then, I was referring to my folding points :hehe: :lol:

Taffy, I see I am back on your radar indeed. A good few nautical miles out at the moment but I might just be able to reel you in ;)

Overworked and underpaid indeed... it's only for the summer though. I have the unfair advantage of also being a student, so I can geta "summer job" as well as being self employed. I know it's cheating, and the tax dude is serioously unfair on me because of it, but University fees aren't cheap :rolleyes: