Planning Go on gee me on.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by CrapBag, 6 Jan 2016.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I want to mod my 110 elite case to enable a longer graphics card to fit but I'm always reluctant to cut up a lovely case but I feel I have no choice due to an oversight on CM's part.

My TT Core V1 has a lovely big cut out that allows your gpu cables or even part of the gpu to enter the front panel and gives more flexibility to what cards you can use. My GTX 670 fitted perfectly as it could protrude into the front panel (alas no more as my lads nicked it).

I want to mimic this with the 110 to allow me to fit a recently purchased Asus 270 into it which is about 20mm to long but as mentioned I am reluctant to cut the case up even though it will look the part once I apply blow whole trim around the aperture. The cut out will most likely be big enough to insert the whole gpu through it as installing it any other way maybe be impossible.

So really I just need some encouragement that it's a good idea and won't affect anything structurally.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Go for it! :dremel: It's not a real case until it's been molested and at least a little bit :thumb:

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

It's a sculpture waiting to be released, DO IT

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Do it, and I thought the thread was "go ahead Pee on me" -dyslexia :lol:

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It's already done just haven't found the drive to photograph it.

Got a new cooler come for it tomorrow so I'll put it all back together tomorrow and photograph it.