1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CNC service needed (simple cuts with CNC router) UK

Discussion in 'Modding' started by phinix, 26 Sep 2016.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Guys, I need to cut something simple on CNC out of 10mm and 3mm acrylic sheet.

For years Tom from chilledpc was doing it for me. 6 months ago I sent him acrylic sheets to do these. He never replied, I contacted him numerous of times. Its been 6 months now he hasn't replied and I need to finish my project now and need this done.:waah:

I'll add images of those bits soon, it is simple 20x20cm acrylic square that needs inside bits to be cut out. Like a frame from square. 10mm thick black acrylic sheet.

Second thing is to cut from 3mm acid green acrylic A4 sheet some small bits.

Is there anyone in UK with cnc router could help meout?

2. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I'm sure someone has cnc router on our forum.

Or does anyone know good company who does cnc routing?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Ask our forum member Skyrip, who did some excellent work for my project (in sig). He lives in the Netherlands but that does not affect postage or turnaround time much.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I shall ask then! Thanks for a tip:)

5. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

E22 buddy! I know they have a CNC machine, not sure if it's currently set up (they moved). But the service if listed on their site, so it could be worth a crack.

LINK

J.

6. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks. I will ask Nate about it.
    I also asked him about cutting old case.

7. LePhuronn

LePhuronn Minimodder

Does it have to be CNC? If you're just cutting shapes then there's plenty of laser cutting companies out there.

Jump on RazorLAB and have a look at their materials selection, and they can order in stock if you want something specific - upload an AI or EPS file based on their specs and their system (which is essentially a Ponoko system) will give you a quote.

I'm actually about to use LaserLea in Manchester because they were cheaper for some 1.5mm thick stuff.