1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 3 info

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 3lusive, 13 May 2011.

1. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

A lot of new info on the new Cod game has been released today, this article has some decent insights for those interested (you can look at the new weapons etc) :)

http://kotaku.com/5801353/

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Dear Activision

**** off, seriously.

Signed, Real Gamers

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I read the "plot" of the game and I never expected the retardation of MW2 and Black Ops to be surpassed.... I was proven wrong.

4. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

lol, why you so pissed off at Activision? Because they didnt properly patch MW2?

5. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I am not sure this question can be answered thoroughly within this forums 20,000-character post size limitation.

6. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

[​IMG]

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  7. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Let me guess, no dedicated servers for pc gamers?

8. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

No, just Bobby C**tface being to worst thing to happen to gaming in general since The Sims.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

well, got to give it to them, IWnet is NOT the worst server system happened, Ubisoft Assassin's Creed Brotherhood's P2P system is even worse, much, much worse.

there simply is not enough lighting effects to hide the age of the engine:
    [​IMG]

10. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

^ I think theyre using the same engine as in MW2, which is no bad thing when you compare it to blackops engine which is absolutely shocking for hit detection and lag. The game is almost unplayable half the time (im talking on consoles here). Modern warefare's have been solid games, though, but yes mw2 had some major balance issues but its still a great game if you can get a decent non-noobtube/commando/painkiller infested lobby

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

same engine mate (MW2 an Blops), same Call of Duty 2 engine used for every CoD since. the engine is based on Quake 3 game engine, which was to compete with UT99.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_4.0#IW_4.0

screenshot i posted above shows a clear case of over-use lighting and lack of real volumetric smoke effects.

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

"Starts where Modern Warfare 2 left off"

DISREGARD WITH ALL DUE HASTE.

Dear copyright holders of the term "Call of Duty" please stop people using your game title until they prove they can make something as magical as Call of Duty 4 again. Anything else will be disregarded by myself and 90% of the gaming community as, 'pathetic', 'humdrum', 'money grabbing', '****' and of course my all time favorite... 'what is this? I don't even...'

Get a proper job and do some real work on a game...

Yours angrily (and trust me I've got a big hammer)

Brawl

13. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Yeah but Im sure you will have noticed Treyarchs games have inferior hit detection and lag issues and so forth, and I forget the exact article, but its because IW use better 'anti-lag' technology. You will surely notice differences in the whole feel of the games between Treyarchs games and IW's (Modern Warfare and MW2 feel very different from Waw and Blackops).

Edit: by 'engine' perhaps I should of said engine modification (but you get what I mean) - the article you cited makes it clear that IW and Treyarch use their own modified versions of the original IW engine. And MW3 will likely be closely based upon the same engine as was in MW2 (which is a good thing because it means better hit registry and so forth)

Last edited: 13 May 2011
  14. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

15. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

Call Of Duty: Licence To Print Money

In all honesty, I hate the game, but I can see why they try and keep the formula the same. This game is like a giant, frosted, jam filled, super delish doughnut rolling down the street in Ethiopia. Call of Duty is going to be released every year, like it or not.

Should be interesting to see it go head-to-head with Battlefield 3 though. EA/DiCE really need to pull out all the stops if they want to convince even a minority of the Call of Duty fan base to make the switch.

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Well, as long as it still feels like playing a Michael bay film, I look forward to it (go ahead, flame me). MW2 was absolutely ludicrous but damn good fun.

I won't be paying £40 at launch mind you, I'll just wait patiently for it to drop in price - especially since I have absolutely no intention of playing multiplayer.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The answer to this would contain more expletives than words. Also...

[​IMG]

18. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

I hear it's coming out the same time as bf3, guess which one i've pre ordered.

19. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Holy Christ on a pogo stick why are they punishing us even more?

knuck likes this.
  20. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

ITT: people who hate COD