1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitors and setup Recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Promethus, 16 Jul 2015.

1. Promethus

Promethus What's a Dremel?

I am looking to upgrade my setup that I use where I live at work, replacing my single old 26” TV with two 24-25” monitors. I have very limited space where I stay, and I was originally considering having the monitors mounted side by side, but after taking some measurements, I think that that is going to take up too much space, and so I am now looking at mounting one monitor above the other.
    First off is it possible to use two monitors at the same time, one used for playing a game (in full screen), and the second for MediaPortal, watching videos/TV and web browsing running from one GTX670?

Monitors
    I am looking for two, £150 - £250 each
    Resolution, 2560x1440, would be nice, but I think 1920x1080 would be more realistic and practical.
    Able to accept input from both PC and PS3
    Speakers; I am undecided about this, I currently use a pair of Creative Labs T40’s for TV & Videos, and a pair of Astro A40’s for gaming.
    They need to have a VESA mount.
    They need to have good viewing angles, particularly from below; I usually sit or lay on my bed, as I have no space for a chair.

I have seen a couple of Dell monitors U2412M and U2515H, one is at the lower end of the budget, and the other is at the higher end.

Stand
    I am also looking for a stand. My desk is an aluminium camping table, so I cannot use the monitor arms that clamp onto the edge of the desk; I also have very little space, and so would like a floor mounted monitor stand. Unfortunately all I have been able to find so far is presentation stands, which are far too big, and expensive for my needs.

Any suggested products/solutions would be appreciated.