1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Radeon 9700pro picture/parts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by -Xp-, 20 Apr 2004.

1. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

My friend managed to knock some components off his 9700pro. Obviously, he is devastated by his loss. I'm wondering if you can post a photo of a radeon, with the components in place, so we can purchase a few more, and fix up the card. The affected area on the back, immediately above and to the right of the rightmost mem chip (the one nearest to the IO and slot cover).

Even better, if anyone has some of these components, or a dead card that they are prepared to sell, please post up.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

and for our curiosity could ya post a picture of the damage? :D
    We may be able to offer some good suggestions with pictures too.

3. Shinymod

Shinymod What's a Dremel?

i am said person... the photo is here
    anyone that can help... especially if you have a dead card i can scrounge bits off

Last edited: 21 Apr 2004
  4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

not trying to have a dig, but do you actually think you can source those parts, never mind solder them??? :eyebrow:

5. Shinymod

if i have a dead 9700 pro to take them from yes... you'd be surprised what you can solder when you get enough practise

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

post on xtreme systems forums, they are all mad enough to rip off hfs' with half the core attached, you should be able to find a card there.

take out the img tags on your post with the image, and put hyperlink tags in instead please.

those bga memory chips are only about 12-15mm across though, good luck.

7. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video/radeon9500-9700/9700pro-f-b.jpg

There's a picture of what its supposed to look like, but I think you wanted a huge pic so you could actually see what the numbers on the components were?

If I get a chance later, I'll take a picture of my AIW 9700. Should be the same, cause its just the 9700 with extra features added on.

8. Shinymod

thanks. it isnt the BGA that's the problem it's the lil tiny things next to it... i realise now i've actually managed to rip the whole row off... altho i still think it's fixable

EDIT: thanks tekmonkey that's precisely the badger, dont worry bout pic of ur card, that shows what i need :)

Tags: