1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Low Profile graphics card capable of some gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by halfinched, 28 Jan 2013.

1. halfinched

halfinched What's a Dremel?

Hi

I bought myself an OrigenAE s10v to build a completely over specced HTPC with that would also do some gaming. Going for as quiet a pc as possible I chose a Sapphire HD7750 ultimate graphics card. It looks like a pretty good bit of kit but unfortunately for me I forgot to think about the size of the case it was going in. :duh:

The HD7750 is now on RMA but I need to find a low profile graphics card that is capable of some gaming. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Scan suggested this: Gigabyte GV-R645-1GI HD6450 AMD Graphics Card - 1GB but it looks a bit feeble.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I saw a low pro 7850 yesterday, but can't for the life of me remember who the manufacturer was. I'll try and hunt through my history on my pc at home to see if I can find it again?

3. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Jinq-sea is probably referring to the afox low profile 7850.

Afox do low profile 7850s and 6850s.

Hope that helps, I can't do a link on my phone but just google it and it is one of the first links.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

The AFOX cards are lp , but not cheap

5. jinq-sea

AHA! Thanks both. That's exactly what I mean. Sorry - up to my neck at work hence not doing the digging I perhaps should have done.

It was an AFOX card I was looking at - maybe worth a go?

6. halfinched

they look like nice cards but I was hoping to get one for around a similar price - £100 the afox cards I can find are a little pricey...

VTX3D HD7750 1GB GDDR5 LP comes in at £72 on amazon after a quick search.

or overclockers have:
    Sapphire HD 7750 Low Profile Edition 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card at £79.99 (week deal - seems like a bit of a bargain).

The level of games I'm looking to run is Xcom and LOL I don't expect to be playing battlefield 3 on max settings or anything like that. I'm kinda lookinga t the Sapphire on overclockers - but that's probably because I always seem to be getting their graphics cards.

7. jinq-sea

There'll be quite a performance jump between the 7750 and 7850, for the sake of £20, but as you say, if you won't be taxing it, then no problem!

8. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

The 7850 is miles better but if you aren't doing any heavy gaming then a 7750 will be fine, and miles better than integrated graphics.

Your other option could be to use a single slot graphics card with a ribbon cable if you have room in that dimension.

9. halfinched

Can someone post a link to the 7850 at £120 because the only ones I can find are between £196 and £230 which is a bit of a price hike! If I could find one for £20 more I'd take it lol.