1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting folding

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by atc95, 8 Dec 2012.

1. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

Ok so I want to start using the pc to fold as it is on almost 24/7 anyway so the electricity bill may as well go to some use.

I have downloaded the software and set it up to run on 2 gpus (radeon 2600xt and radeon hd 7950) and my cpu (i5 3550).

The first problem is that it says the 2600xt is unsupported even though on the folding wiki it says it is supported.

Next issue is I have no idea if it is actually folding, the task is just sitting at 0% and has been for half an hour.

Hope someone can help :)

EDIT: Done a bit of digging and it says waiting on: FahCore Update, my cpu is now folding fine, what is the bit-tech / cpc team number?

Last edited: 8 Dec 2012
  2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Team number is "35947" Welcome to the fold.

3. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

Welcome to the team.
    Some of the older GPU's have dropped off the list - your's may well be one of them.

You can usually tell if things are running from FAHControl, but otherwise; (a) the CPU and GPU temps will both go up, (b) the fan speed/noise increases, (c) task manager should show the CPU flat out for the CPU client, and (d) you'll probably have some screen lag as a result of the GPU client .....

4. atc95

Yep my cpu is at full load in task manager, keeping at 50 degrees celcius on hw monitor, my 2600xt is unsupported (changed it to advanced view on fah to find out) I still can't get the 7950 to work though, it keeps triggering an awaiting FahCore Update message and the timer counts down until next attempt and this happens in a continuous loop. :(

5. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

6. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

7. atc95

I don't have a passkey:

Logs and status are: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taken just after I tried to add the card (again)!