1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Hitman: Absolution changed after backlash

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Aug 2012.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I found that trailer hilarious. Made my night Joe, really did. :)

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

4. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

Lets be honest, the gamers that this game is aimed at most likely had no issues with the trailer at all. we all probably took it for what it is, and thats a game trailer.

The "backlash" was most likley from those sad little people that have nothing better to do than to write to places like BBC to make complaints about the smallest things. Obviously the majority of people realise that nuns do not go round hiding assault rifles under their clothes bumping off people for the church.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

6. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

I didn't mind the trailer, either. It was the first one that had the tone of a Hitman trailer (i.e. Not sneaking around a library). Although making their nun uniforms wearable would have helped even more.

I'm not sure how they adding context to the game would have helped the trailer's reception, though.

7. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

This.
    It's the "oh my god there's something i find really offensive in a game i've never and will never play" reaction. There's a very simple solution, don't play it and don't watch trailers for it.

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Hitman games always had some connection to religion in thr plot, just saying.

Anyway, what worries me more is that the trailer shows 47 confronting them out in the open, I don't want it to become just another run and gun shooter...

9. SighMoan

SighMoan What's a Dremel?

"We learned from the trailer that we really needed to give these characters some context and some backstory,"

I very much doubt the backlash was about context to be honest...

10. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Trailer was great, I loved it, it is a game for crying out loud, no reason for moaning... stupid people...

11. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

I have to wonder how they're going to try t put the nuns in context, its just a publicity stunt gone a bit OTT.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

To be honest, I love controversy, but this was just a cheap shot to gain some press attention from immature devs.

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Also, no one has the right to not be offended. If it offends someone, big whoop.

Edit: except in Russia

Last edited: 17 Aug 2012
  14. derviansoul

derviansoul What's a Dremel?

I have stopped playing games a long time ago (either because every year is more of the same, or because i just got bored of it i really dont know. I do try to go back to it every year but i never play them for longer that a couple of days).

Maybe i am part of the ignorant group that the journalist in the article above mentions, but i really don't see what is the big deal, in the big picture of things that we have surrounding our lifes. Sexism is constant on our everyday life's, i dont hear anyone moaning about Keith Lemon and his stupid sexist jokes (and he seems to get more and more audience), or lynx with their constant use of sexism in their commercials (coz i dont think anyone carries on like they have alzheimer or spasms i their bottom part of their just because they sweat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9d46SKvJTg), not to mention all the other perfumes (which like to show ladies with eating problems half naked), or bloody confused.com with their bikinis in their cartoons, or the big lady shoving coins between her breasts, or even all the manga cartoons, with the characters with massive breast and skimpy outfits and the list goes on and on.

With the constant sexism involved on most aspects of everything to do with media, it makes me wonder if users and journalists should be concerned with a game having some nuns on leather outfits or with the fact that games become more realistic by the year, ( showing new ways to kill how the weapons interact with human bodies with excellent physics simulation on what places of the body actually kill on a first blow, etc.).

So I wonder if having big tits leather tight outfits on nuns is really the problem here, if there is some people with far too much time on their hands, or maybe if we have to moan about this maybe we should moan loud enough about everything else that is sexist in the media and games industry...

15. Prowler_88

Prowler_88 What's a Dremel?

As a Christian, I'll put in my tuppence...

I'm now looking forward to the game; that trailer is hilarious. People seriously need to chill, and why do they always direct their vitriol towards games when there's so much else they could be going on about...to paraphrase Carmine Falcone: 'People always fear what they don't understand'

16. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Nuns in PVC with guns sounds much more effective and a contribution to society than what they do now.

stonedsurd likes this.
  17. Jim

Jim Ineptimodder

Nonsense. They knew all along it was going to create a massive ruckus. Visibility of new game increased tenfold - mission successful.

18. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

I don't see what the big deal with the trailer was. Religion played a big part in hitman 2 from what I remember. Your safe house that housed all your guns was about 10 feet from a church with plenty of "innocents" around. The trailer for the new game conveyed to me that the organization that hitman once worked for is now out to get him and he must seek absolution! I guess to someone who hasn't played the games it might seem sorta out of place and I think the action should have been more stealthy than just "im jason bourne now so I can beat up a group of enemies all at once" but overall the trailer was well done. A shame when things just aren't seen with the right mindset.

19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I found the trailer very highly arousing.

20. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Your recent posts have been worrying, Kenco.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

Tags: Add Tags