1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Frozen Synapse release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 10 May 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Currently buying any of the editions of the game gets you TWO copies of the game, (1 for free to give to a friend), both of which can optionally be registered on Steam.
    Also, anyone buying the game from mode7 can apply the coupon code STANCHER to get 30% off.
    And also.. you get the awesome soundtrack for free as well as a free copy of nervous_testpilot's album 'Module' (YOU.DLL Caused a General Protection Fault in Application MY_HEART.EXE).

Lastly, during the checkout process the system will offer you the opportunity to buy _ensnare_'s album "No Carrier Rush" along with the game, with the same discount applied.
    ( _ensnare_ is the 8-bit/chiptune alias of nervous_testpilot, AKA Paul Taylor, composer and co-owner of Mode7! )

I don't normally splurge about Indie games or indie devs, but these guys seriously know how to add value to their bundles; and having spoken to Paul by email I can vouch for him as being as a damn nice guy too; so please give Mode7 your support!

[/splurge]

Oh and Frozen Synapse is awesome, too. :)

Edit:
    One last thing - The latest version of the beta has added the singleplayer campaign which has something like 60 missions or so; which was the only thing I was waiting for before grabbing FS myself!

3. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

^^ wants a job @ Mode7 :p

Back on topic, I read the preview and what can I say, just waiting for pay day now ;)

4. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

Recently got back into it after pre-ordering it some time ago (i think just before the preview, after having read a forum thread on it).

I admit the SP Campaign whilst polished, just isn't really all that, however it's more to do with the game not lending itself well to an SP mode than poor execution.

The MP is where it truly shines though and i love the whole play a few rounds and then do something else. It's somewhat frustrating when someone doesn't play their turn for ages, but then you just start a new game with someone else and get lost in that.

5. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

****, that took some time.

It was well worth the wait though.

6. Valver

Valver I’m an AquaTuning product tester

@Zurechial

I pre-ordered FS when bit-tech did that first preview ages ago. Loved it! I didnt know about the soundtrack/album download though and I cant find where I claim it. Any hints?

7. alialias

alialias What's a Dremel?

That looks amazing, but difficult

8. Unknownsock

Unknownsock What's a Dremel?

Amazaing game although I keep forgetting to download it to start playing again..

Was in your original e-mail. I'm sure they'd resend it if you emailed them.

9. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

This is a fantastic game, the preorder deal is good as well. Bought me a copy + one for a friend, great to see small developers doing so well still!

10. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Bought it a couple months ago (after having it in my 'to buy' list since BT first informed me about it) and it is a fantastic game. Haven't had a go at the single player, but judging from Paul's email (they've put tons of work into the AI) and the general responses about it I think it'll be just as good.

Incidentally I've still got my second copy if anyone's interested in buying it

11. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Just bought and downloading now, how long does it take for the second key to come through to give to my mate?

Also how do I get this through steam?

Kimbie

12. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

This game looks really cool, if it's gonna be on steam then I will be sure to pick up a copy and gift a few to my friends for enjoyment.

13. Lenderz

Lenderz Minimodder

I brought this on the back of the Bit-Tech coverage about a year ago, I think I'll have to relook at it :)

14. Bravadowaffle

Bravadowaffle What's a Dremel?

The game looks like a blast, and they should totally release it on Steam! I'm having a hard time figuring out if it will be available on a Mac too or not... either way, seeing X-Comm styled team based tactical games come back into popularity is awesome! :clap:

We are reaching the final stages of developing our own tactical strategy game for iOS devices and Macs called RoboArena. It was inspired by X-Comm, RoboSport, and the board game RoboRally. It's a more family friendly take on the genre and we're super stoked about it too! If you guys are interested, you can find more details on our Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/fBso2k

Tags: Add Tags