1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Trying to build custom game center

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kyij, 18 Feb 2012.

1. kyij

kyij What's a Dremel?

I have built my own custom pc, and with my 6950/70 (2gb) card I can support up to 4 monitors. I wanted to do an eyefinity setup with a possible 4th monitor, completely seperate that would monitor possibly widgets for temps, and etc.

I was thinking of doing normal monitors (at least for the 3) but then the whole bezel thing comes into play....

So I was wondering how hard it would be to take some laptop monitors and convert the cords to work with normal dvi or dp ports? Are there premade bread boards or adapters that do this?

Kind of like the picture but without the bezels and using laptop screens instead?
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

2. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

laptop boards do not have the traditional "decoder -dvi -hdmi" board (not the right name) on the screen so you'd have to make one from scratch. Best chance would be to buy three identical screens and mod them to remove the bezel. http://metku.net/index.html?path=mods/transtft/index_eng

3. kyij

kyij What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the guide, it was pretty neat. But honestly I was thinking unless I could get very cheap monitors, this may not be the project for me in the near future. I love my desktop that I built, but as I am 16, I just dumped $1200 into it and rather spending more money, I really need to save up for a car instead :wallbash:... If anyone else has guides they have found, please post as I still plan to do this in the future!

4. asura

asura jack of all trades

I've had a couple of LVDS -> DVI converter boards from ebay. Worked perfectly well, wasn't too expensive (20-30 pounds-ish), but did have a maximum limit to the resolution... up to 1920x1200.

Here's the SketchUp model I made of it.