1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hans Reiser: Once a Linux Visionary, Now Accused of Murder

Discussion in 'Serious' started by DXR_13KE, 29 Jun 2007.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Bit old this tbh, it's only resurfaced because of that article. Shame, but he's not helping his case much.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Yes, pretty old now.
    Go on slashdot, there's a load of jokes about it in any story relating to ReiserFS.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Talk about messed-up people.

He did it. End of.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yeah, it's kind of obvious he did it. The blood stuff was perhaps argueable, but having all the heavy duty plastic bags, duct tape, and the murder books on him makes it very very obvious he killed her.

Just goes to show that Genius can still be homocidal. In this guys case, I'm glad he'll never get his children back because from reading through the wired article it's clear he has some utterly messed up ideas about parenting, and should never be allowed responsibility over childrens lives.

6. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

He makes one mean filesystem though.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I hate the way they threw in "and he plays violent video games". :rolleyes:

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Have you read the article though? Assuming they didn't really maliciously quote him, the guy has a messed up mindset. You perhaps let your kids play violent video games if they want to and you judge them mature enough to do it - but you don't force a young child to play a video game in order to battle harden him. You're not trying to produce a child soldier out of your spawn - if you are, you have issues. I think it's safe to say that Hans Reiser does indeed have some very serious problems.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Na I've got to the second page, but early on they threw that in that "he" used to like it was a defining fact (regardless of the "how to kill someone" book). I haven't got to his kids yet.

10. Nexxo

The guy was basically parenting his kids along the same messed-up paranoid values as his own ex-military dad.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ah, now that makes sense. I was wondering where a reclusive geek would get such a messed up system for parenting.

12. Nexxo

It is why he is a reclusive, messed-up geek.

Trust me, I could do a formulation on this guy. He is probably mentally splitting off the murder right now. Doesn't do feelings well, after all. But if he conceptualises the problem as an equation, then the solution is... logical.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2007
  13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh great, a Military trained Vietnam Vet, a nut case friend and a ****ed up drug fuelled Wife.

Happy families. No wonder he's screwed up. And violent video games for kids is different than grown adults :/

So he's obsessed with masculinity and adverse to "wimpyness" as well.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think the one that says "I'm guilty" is the whole removing the front seat.