1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows iTunes, Synology NAS and Home Sharing

Discussion in 'Software' started by hairyknacker, 14 Apr 2016.

1. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

I am aware that it is not possible to stream videos from the sinology to devices which have DRM ie iTunes purchased files but I am wondering if it is possible to have my iTunes library stored on my NAS and still be able to use Home Share to see these vids rather than them being physically attached to the PC- they currently are in a USB3 external box thing but I need to get rid of that and there is not enough space in my case to put the 2 drives- 8TB drives each!
    Anyone know if it is possible as it would make my life a lot quieter as I could put my NAS drive in a separate room to the pc and less clutter (according to the Boss!)
    Thx in advance

2. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

108 views and not one response :worried:
    Sheesh!

3. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

there are tons of options for streaming just becomes a lot more difficult when its APPLE !

id start with the synology stuff first and see if that works

5. hairyknacker

hairyknacker Minimodder

Just posting to say that it does indeed work what I was wanting- store all of my iTunes files on my Synology and mount that to the iTunes library and use Home Share on my ipad to watch all my films, tv programs etc.