1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Hmm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jiffey, 28 Nov 2001.

1. Jiffey

Jiffey What's a Dremel?

Since I still live at home, I'm trying to get the 3d Prophet III Ti500 for x-mas...looks to be a sweet card and I couldn't find the Elsa Ti500 model anywhere in the U.S. Since the Prophet is cheaper...and it has a more stable gaming oriented background I'm going for it, if my dad doesn't freak out. Any opinions, experience with Hercules? I have a Voodoo5 and am worried about if the company will shut down (for the card I get) but even if it does, I can always get drivers directly from nvidia, which is a plus...

2. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Hercules cards rock and are typically at the pinicale of performance to.

Dont worry about they going bankrupt either they dont make stupid business dissisions ;)

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

what's wrong with ati 8500s? They are technically faster cards for cheaper price - drivers need to be developed, but give it 2 months and should be lafin.

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

True...... but we all know what Nvidia does with drivers dont we ;) they hold back on performance and keep it back until some one pulls there finger out of there arse (e.g. ATI) and releases some good drivers which match or beat current Nvidia speeds then they "leak" or just out right release new drivers stealing ATI/KYRO's thunder.

Dont get me wrong I like the new 8500 but the drivers suck and I really doubt that the true perfromace will ever be achieved.

Tags: