1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Looking fo input on my PC temps

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by barny2767, 8 Dec 2015.

1. barny2767

barny2767 What's a Dremel?

So I have 2xGTX980's and a i5 4690k on a Maximus vii hero and I've just added the 2nd 980 and changed my cooling loop round. Now I know its a strange set up and for the water-cooling but the 2 gpu's and cpu are in parallel and I use a D5 pump so I have good flow split between the 3 parts.

Now I've had a few people say that its stupid, it wont work and bla bla bla. But it works I'm happy with my temps but I now have this nagging thought that there too high.

So hope someone can put my mind to rest.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Looking at the picture of your loop would suggest everything is in series rather than parallel.

If those temps are what's registering in Furmark, then I'd say they were fine. Do you have temps for normal usage?

3. barny2767

They are definitely in parallel here's a rushed pic of the flow and thanks for the peace of mind that the temps are fine.

[​IMG]

4. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I see now, serves me right for not expanding the pic this morning.

5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

What radiator(s) and fans are you using plus what are the fan speeds and ambient temps? Is either the CPU and/or the GPUs overclocked and by how much?

6. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

To be off topic... why aren't you running your RAM in dual channel? That bothers me.

On topic; your temps are fine.

7. barny2767

Big Elf I have a 3x140mm and a 2x140mm all with push pull fans both alphacool. All corsair SP140 fans 10 of them running at 600rpm idle and up to 900rpm when the systems loaded. ambient temps are around 20*c. The cpu is overclocked at 4.6Ghz with 1.275v and the gpu's boost to around 1480Mhz with memory clocked at 1905Mhz. And theres one Linus Tech Tips noctura 140mm fan in the back that spins really slowly.

Thanks for the help and peace of mind guys

8. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

As mentioned your temps are perfectly acceptable. Give your rad space though I'd expect better and maybe around 10ºC lower on the GPUs but not really sure on the CPU. There's no particular reason to change your loop though as it's aesthetically pleasing in it's current layout.

I would suggest using a different program to stress the GPUs. Furmark subjects the GPUs to abnormal stress that isn't encountered in real life, something like Heaven 4.0 is probably better. Some GPUs will actually throttle if they detect Furmark is running.

9. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Whats with your ram? its driving me crazy.
    Also why would you have you water flow set up like that? the flow will be pretty bad like that. Your temps are fine about could be loads better.

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

The cpu might see less flow than it would if everything was in series as the gpu blocks will be less restrictive. So that would really be the only component that might see an improvement if you were running in series.

Given that you are seeing 58 on the cpu at full load you are unlikely to see that kind of temperature during game play. It probably sits around mid 40s whilst gaming. Gpu temps are also fine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this setup.

11. barny2767

Thanks again guys and yes I was running single channel ram, I took 16gb out a few weeks ago for another PC and didn't look at what slots it came from and it hasn't made any noticeable difference, but ive put them in the right places now.

And yes when gaming temps stick around the 45c mark.