1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Can you solve this age old problem?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Meaty Pete, 1 Jun 2012.

1. Meaty Pete

Meaty Pete King of the Potato People

I have heard it a thousand times and I am a little disappointed to be asking this myself but this really is a display driver problem thread.

Granted it is on windows 8. Got it installed on my netbook after some difficulty (wouldn't install from usb)

I have tried the drivers from the asus website but they wont run it says it wont work on this OS?

Any ideas? :duh:

2. Meaty Pete

Meaty Pete King of the Potato People

No one answer I DID IT Im not a MORON after all wahey!

Compatibility mode worked, looked like it wasnt going to as the compatibility troubleshooter is plop :D

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Yup, Windows 7 drivers works on Windows 8. You just need to by-pass the setup OS version check. So running the setup under compatibility mode by-pass this.

It is to be noted however, if you have an Nvidia or AMD GPU, that the Windows 8 drivers aren't done yet. I think AMD is about or already released the full and Win8 ready drivers. Nvidia announced that they will release it very soon (next week I think). The current drivers of Win8 for your GPU works, but if you get a message saying something like "OpenGl/DirectX instruction not supported" error, then don't worry.. it's because the drivers aren't done.