1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Need help controlling Voltages on sandy bridge.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DieselPower, 17 Dec 2011.

1. DieselPower

DieselPower What's a Dremel?

I want to manually set my voltages on my 2500K as it's set on auto atm.
    I want to do this because I'm concerned about the voltages as 2 programs are giving me conflicting numbers. (the programs are CPUID and Core Temp)
    I went to set my 2500k to 1.200v and it didn't take, same goes for 1.250v and so on, just keeps going back to auto :/
    I'm still rather inexperienced in overclocking so any help would be grateful.

-Additional info.
    2500K clocked to 4.5GHz and the MB is an ASUS P8Z68-V
    voltages reported idle and under load are 1.40/3.32(CPUID) and 1.70/3.76(CORE TEMP)
    temperatures are 28c-33c idle and 60c-65c under load at current room temp.

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

First and foremost, you'll never do 4.5GHz at 1.25v, that's far too low - set it to 1.35v and work up from there... it may take more than 1.4v to get it stable.

Second, most software doesn't accurately measure vcore (CPU core voltage). I'd suggest using the latest CPU-Z as an indicator of vcore, and Real Temp (much better than Core Temp) to monitor your temperatures.

Core Temp doesn't give a CPU voltage value anyways - the VID is a set value, not a monitored value.

3. Bumfluff101

Bumfluff101 Minimodder