1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EA's guessing game LOL

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by 5hadow, 4 Nov 2008.

1. 5hadow

5hadow What's a Dremel?

2. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

If the misprint was high enough users it shouldn't have made it through production unnoticed but I think thats a good enough answer if the misprint is just one character saves sending manual/game back as well as time and money. I just hope it's not a case of having to re-type the key every time the wrong code is put in.

3. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

They could of suggested worse.
    The usual "send the game back and we take 2 weeks to send a new out" would be alot worse

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

It's a sensible suggestion to be fair. Having said that, if it's on a PC it wouldn't be too hard to try them all as long as it didn't delete the whole string on a wrong guess (I dont think it does)

5. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Or return it to the retailer for replacement?

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

EA suck so badly! I've bought a fair few games over the years, and i've had this problem before... with 2 EA games! I mean how ****ing hard is it? Not content with releasing rushed, bug-ridden pieces of ****, they cant even produce the right CD keys for them? I despair, I really do!

7. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

ya know for some reason they would never let me do that when i have had various problems in the past with EA games.
    Would make perfect sense if they let you but i suppose for this problem its alot easier for problem just to guess the last character

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The best thing i had once was when i bought a sealed copy of Need for Speed Underground. Disk 1 was English, but Disk 2 was Italian, so the files on it where wrong, and i couldn't install the game, result = epic fail

Sam

9. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

oh ea, you never fail to amuse me.

10. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

EA put me through their guessing game already - I bought Battlefield Anthology and CD key for second add-on - "Secret Weapons..." was incorrect. I guess it's their new copy protection :D

11. cliffski

cliffski Game Designer

I wish they would use a CD key font I could actually READ. And print it bigger than 8 point...

Tags: