1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard's Titan reduces team and starts again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 29 May 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

restarting from the ground up oO

really hope this doesn't go the way of star craft: ghost

with this delayed blizz have 3 titles for the next 2 years;

Diablo 3 exp pak 1 (next year early or late this year) , WOW exp pak 5 (next year end) and SC2 exp pak 2.

whats the odds , its being rebuilt to make it console friendly thanks to the big tie up with the PS4?

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Well what we know about Titan is only that it's set to be a MMO with a "wider target crowd" than WoW. So who know why they decided to restart the project.
    Reducing the team size that much also makes me think it might a case of too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak.

though I too hope that this is not the way of things to come, and the project ending up as SC: Ghost

4. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Blizzard delaying a game? Imagine that.

I played the heck out of Diablo, D2, and LOD, but I must say D3 lost its luster quickly. In part, I blame the built in auction house and the difficulty scaling. Inferno difficulty was dang near impossible to play with "found" gear. Every item my level 60 char monk wears was bought via the gold auction house. Great gear and you can still die in Inferno if you get an unlucky combination of skills on a boss group.

SC2 was fun. I think the AI is really well developed at higher difficulties, but I get my but kicked on multiplayer with random real people because I can't micro worth a crap. Never got into WOW or any other MMO for that matter. I probably won't even touch Titan (especially if it requires a monthly subscription).

5. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Its unlikely to require a monthly subscription I think - Blizz are currently experimenting with the f2p model which is their excuse for making that new card game of theirs.

Anyway, if they looked at it and decided it wasnt worth releasing like it was, then good for them :) EA would have bundled that bad boy out the window.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

frankly I think this is hilarious. They are delaying until 2016, which in Blizz terms, means it will see a release circa 2020. Good luck seeing this one anytime soon.

7. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

the link to the article is dead, or is that only for me?

8. Ljs

Ljs Modder

So true!

Tags: Add Tags