1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress "Pulse" by Iraklis - Updated 29th 2014

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Herculess, 29 Jun 2014.

1. Herculess

Herculess What's a Dremel?

Hello everybody

That's my 2nd try to construct a pc case from scratch, as the first one "Minimal Frame" couldn't be built further.
    But proudly i am presenting you the "Pulse", HTPC and Steam streaming box which is completed 100% :D :thumb:

Some rendered photos of the build
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Herculess

The construction

The materials has been used for the construction, mainly is stainless steel 304, brass for the feet and POM acetal for some other components.
    The projects was designed on solidworks so the drawings could be extracted for laser cut.
    The main idea was the simplicity of the construction, as it shouldnt has many parts or weldments. So the outter case was designed in two bended plates, and inside a flat plate where the motherboard was placed and the cables could be enclosed between the plate and the bottom cover.

The laser cut bottom plate made in 2mm AISI 304 brushed plate, and bended.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top plate
    [​IMG]

and the middle inside plate where the motherboard and all other components will be placed.
    [​IMG]

The feet were made in brass material using a manual lathe, the bottom part in POM acetal and pressed together so the construction would not scratch my furnitures :thumb:
    [​IMG]

Anti seize compound used in all screws, as stainless in contact with stainless could stuck forever!
    [​IMG]

stay tuned as another update is coming :clap:

3. Sn00k3r

Sn00k3r What's a Dremel?

pretty neat..! will follow this :thumb:

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I'm seriously interested as to how this is going to fit together! Because it may just be me, but I dont see where the mobo's gonna mount onto that mid-plate.. And I have no idea what that "circle with a bit out of it" is going to be used for! :lol:

Way to build up my interest! :thumb: Haha, i'm subbed and waiting for the next update now! ;)

5. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice design. Minimalistic and modern-very nice.

6. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Looking nice.
    I used to be in a band named Pulse :D

Good luck!

7. Herculess

Update 2 - machining parts

Thank you guys for the support! Its time for the next update with some machining of the components and parts which are going to be placed inside the case.

Six pieces of threaded round bar had been made, and will be used as stands between the bottom plate and the middle.

[​IMG]

More than this, 4 rectangular pieces in POM acetal material machined in the milling and cut in angle. Those will be used later to screw the top cover of the construction to the bottom plate :jawdrop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the same material i made a block for the SSD which will be placed in horizontal position.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Combining the parts above, we have the result below :eeek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Father Fuzzy

Father Fuzzy What's a Dremel?

oh this is Fantastic :clap: