1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 3 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

YAY first :)
    (sorry)

3. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

Remember kids, this game is made by Matt Findley, the guy who claimed that RPGs "always wanted to be action games at heart" and that turn-based combat, stats etc. are the result of technical limitations. Think long and hard about buying this game, especially if you're an RPG fan... or don't, because it's another ****ing crap Gears of War knock-off with crazy amounts of bugs, bad characters, a short and forgettable campaign, ugly and uncreative visuals, and broken puzzles etc. which are impossible to win due to the companion AI getting stuck.

I can't believe this mediocre dross gets the 7/10 approval... or is everyone just that afraid of pissing off their publisher partners after Duke Nukem Forever and the threats sent by The Redner Group?

Last edited: 3 Jul 2011
  4. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

Can I just ask, have you played it yourself?

5. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

I'm genuinely surprised at the score because having bought and been playing it on the PC on and off for the past few weeks, I think, personally, that it is a very average game.

Not awful, just generic, bland and workmanlike, like it came off a factory production line. Basically it ticks all the right boxes and is moderately entertaining but five minutes after quitting it I was struggling to recollect any of it. The story is rubbish as well with two dimensional characters who utter poor dialogue. The use of Unreal Engine 3 and some dreadfully uninspired art direction (ugly bland headed men and busty scantily dressed women) do the game no favours either as it looks like every other identi-kit fantasy-themed games.

I'd give it 5/10 and no more. If you see it cheap in a Steam sale for a fiver then it's a passable way to spend a hour or two. Do not buy it at full price though, it really is not worth it.

6. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

This game utter failed to get my interest...

Tags: Add Tags