1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Warhammer 40K: Space Marine coming to PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Jul 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oh good. Now I have a reason to upgrade again >.>

3. Jezcentral

Jezcentral Minimodder

It would be nice to hear what they think will differentiate this game from GoW, but the WH40K space marine will be another muscle-bound, militaristic jar-head which you won't sympathise with. Sounds like GoW to me.

4. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

I'm fine with GoW derivative, as long as it doesn't feature the horribly inaccurate and underpowered weapons and clumsy, sluggish controls:)

5. mjb501

mjb501 What's a Dremel?

Nice 1 Relic!

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

This is automatically going to be better than Gears of War - GoW doesn't have the musclebound Space Marines trotting around in brightly coloured armour fighting everything from traitors (Chaos) to psychotic dancers (Eldar) to miniature Incredible Hulks (Orks) and the "genetically engineered killing machines" (Tyranids)... :D

7. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Kudos to Relic. Look forward to all the 40K games they do. Bit of a dull story line tho, Orks over-running the planet with the forces of Chaos behind it....Wasn't that the same storyline as every other 40K game?

8. Yoy0YO

Yoy0YO Lurky Lurker

I love the Warhammer 40k table top game, amazing stuff. The RTS game made it much more accessible to making your own army, this 3rd person shooter might ruin it a bit because I don't really like the dialogue that spouts out of the so-religious space marines.
    Hopefully it'll require team-work tactics or something along the lines of that.

9. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

It will be nice to see how Relic animate the movement in the over bulky armor, I suppose taking the prone position for a firing solution will be out the question.
    Ive bought every other DOW title I cant see me skipping this one ...

10. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Gotta love Relic!

11. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Must.Have.

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

This could be pretty cool, but I REALLY wish they would do single player from the perspective of someone other than Space Marines for once. Needs more Tau.

13. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Mentai> Excactly, I'm still waiting for a new Fire Warrior, space marines are just a bit boring

14. Shaftydude

Shaftydude Minimodder

They did 2 player coop for their DOW2 campaign and 3 players for Last stand so logically this will have 4 player coop! and if it does then its going to do very well.

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

im waiting for the 40K MMO....

...and once i got my fangs in that flesh, im not sure i have time to play this one... unfortunately. nor have the interest to pay $50 to play an "offline mode" of the MMO...

but we'll see.

16. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

I don't think the 40k MMO is due to be with us till 2013 so you should have plenty of time to play this first.

That's pretty much what I plan to do.

17. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Prone positions are completely doable in the armour. Look at the models that Games Workshop sell and it shows people in kneeling or even prone position. If the models do it, you can bet your ass it's possible in the armour, as the modelling community for Games Workshop are one of the most inspired people I've ever met (when I used to collect, that is).

18. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Er, pretty much fantastically, awesomely, amazingly, wickedly grrrrreat!

19. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

Wait a minute are you telling me there are companies out there that think of PC gamers as something other than all out pirates? Enough to say LOYAL?! Makes a huge difference from the usual "You don't get our games because you pirate" news articles I've come to expect :rock:

20. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

I agree about wanting a different perspective, but to be honest I can't see how it would work in an FPS. Nearly all of the other races in Warhammer rely on numbers of weak troops, and past that the idea of mowing down hordes of Space Marines just doesn't feel right. Only Marines have that ready made one man army game play mechanic set up for them without compromising the source material. Also playing any race that doesn't carry a bolter is sacrilege. It's all about the bolters.

Tags: Add Tags