1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Looking for a Wireless Headset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Promethus, 17 Aug 2011.

1. Promethus

Promethus What's a Dremel?

As the title suggests I am looking for a wireless headset that can be used with both my PC and PS3. I want to be able to use the headset for gaming, listening to music, watching movies, skype, and speech recognition. So far the only headset that I have seen that is wireless and supports both platforms and has good reviews is the Astro A40 Wireless System.

Does anyone know of any other headsets or have any comments on the Astro’s?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

have you read up on http://www.turtlebeach.com/ ?

i have there X41 wireless, i use it with my xbox, and after watching a little video it says i can use it with my pc (havent tried it yet but shouldn't be a problem)

they may have a similar model for the ps3.

my version has 5.1 surround round via the fiber optical input and has a separate volume control for chat and speaker.

have a look.

this is my only headset i have used, so i can not really compare.

maybe best to go to a computer fair or try some on somewhere?
    got my set from Game.

check this place out for ideas: http://www.limexb360.co.uk/

Last edited: 20 Aug 2011
  3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Might I suggest that you forgo the wireless? Wireless in my personal experience just tends to be a hassle and not really worth the extra cost.

4. Promethus

Promethus What's a Dremel?

Thanks MiT for the links. There are a number of comments on the lime site suggesting that people have upgraded from the Turtle Beach X41’s to the Astro’s. It’s nice though to see that there is an alternative to the Astro’s particular since the Astro’s are now out of stock everywhere.

@Elton
    For me, wireless is a must, I hate getting tangled up and weighed down with cables.