1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Halo 4- Game Nights, Planning

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 6 Jun 2012.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I figured i've started threads for most of the other Halo titles, why not for this one?

Halo 4
    Developer: 343 Industries
    Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
    Composer: Neil Davidge
    Release: 06/11/2012 (Not sure if this is a world release or America with Rest of World to follow)

First revealed in E3 2011.

Halo 4- First Look:

Halo 4- Soundtrack Samples:

Halo 4- Composing Worlds:

Halo 4 E3 2012 Live Gameplay:

Halo 4 E3- Infinity Multiplayer:

Halo 4- War Games Gameplay:

Halo 4- Spartan Ops Gameplay:

Halo 4- Xbox SmartGlass

That's it for now, I'm off to gather more stuff:D

Sam

Last edited: 25 Nov 2012
  2. samkiller42

So Trusted Reviews have a wee article up regarding Halo 4:
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/halo-4_Games_review

I'm not going to quote anything, incase of spoilers, because the Article does tell you where the game is set, Names of Weapons and new Enemies too, Not only that, but it has some pretty pictures.

Sam

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Firstly, I hate Halo, I really enjoyed the first game but after that it gradually descended into sillyness and way too much brightness.

This caught my eye though............and then immediately lost it again. The cinematic intro was absolutely staggering, the way it looked (don't they all now) but mainly the way it set the scene for Halo 4 was seriously awesome. That said, once they went into the in game stuff it just looked like yet more of the Duplo inspired turd we saw in Halo 3.

I wan't to be wrong, I really do (I actually miss the fun I had in Halo 1 and to some extent 2) but it doesn't look promising. Still, will keep fingers crossed.

4. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Still have some great memories of the long nights my buddies and I spent playing Halo 1 and 2 in college some years ago. The way the dorms were set up...everyone's room was connected to the same LAN so we could all have massive 16-man matches against other floors/dorms. It was simply addicting.

I fell off the bandwagon with Halo 3...remember going to a midnight release for that game and was sorely disappointed after playing it for a few hours. The campaign was weak and the combat was changed for the worse. ODST was a sham and my reaction to Halo: Reach was "meh"...

I would love Halo 4 to be the resurrgance of the series. With a new dev that's entirely possible; however, there will be no midnight release purchase this time. This time I'm waiting :)

Last edited: 8 Jun 2012
  5. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

Over the last year I have played through all the Halo games with my girlfriend.

After being rather cynical about them, before I played them, I enjoyed them very much. Halo Reach has to be my favourite, and despite it's short length I really enjoyed ODST too.

Anniversary I didnt like so much, don't know if it was the age of the gameplay or not but something didnt quite click, but still had a good jaunt through it. Also the story lines in the games have been pretty solid.

Subsequently I'm quite looking forward to Halo 4, it's one of the games that me and my girlfriend can play together and should be good fun.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Absolutely LOVE the irony in this sentence.

My brief opinions on the series to date;

Halo - Played it for the Xbox and then for the PC. LOVED THIS GAME. It's the game that we (my brother and I) spent 90% of our time playing on our old Xbox.

Halo 2 - This one got played to death by myself and a few friends the year that it came out. We had a projector & Dolby surround setup in the room that used to be our study (then the spare bedroom and my office switched a while back :)) and the four player split screen action was unbelievable. GTA:SA was also on the go at that point which was also awesome.

Halo 3 - The reason I bought a 360. Also the reason I bought a limited edition 360! Just a massively anticipated game and it turned out to be mostly what I had hoped for. I've played through 1, 2 and 3 on legendary more times than I care to admit. I just love the series. When I was done with the campaign I moved on to multiplayer, but I quickly found it infuriating because 1) I admittedly wasn't great at it because I'm a PC gamer and I was new to the 360, 2) I generally don't like non-dedicated server/matchmaking MP games and I certainly didn't like H3's version of it and 3) It's played by dickheads, cheaters, boosters and the attitude of people on it was atrocious, basically everything that I can't stand about multiplayer games.

ODST, Anniversary & Reach - After my "falling out" with Halo 3 multiplayer and subsequent return to playing PC multiplayer's only, I forgot about the Halo series for a while. I didn't buy ODST when it came out. I didn't even know Anniversary was happening but intended on buying Reach when it was released. I let them all go, however, until late last year. I bought all three for something silly like £30. Played through ODST and Anniversary, loving both. Anniversary blew me away with the new graphics and same old classic game play. ODST was intriguing in how it told the story and how it was Halo, but without the Chief for the first time. I've loved every minute of Reach so far. The campaign is awesome, the multiplayer is a massive improvement on the H3 version and the rank/Cr system is a welcome change as well. I'll keep playing Reach until I'm satisfied that I don't want to rank up any more. I'm a Field Marshal at the moment and made that in just 6 months of pretty casual playing, and am halfway to Hero on the Cr scale.

Now, Halo 4. I am so excited about it, I have no idea how I'm going to wait until December! :D I haven't been this excited since the launch of Halo 3. Before anyone starts going on about how some of the sequels haven't lived up to the original, don't start with me. As I've said, I have loved all of the games to date despite eventually growing to hate Halo 3 multiplayer. I have loved Reach so far although recently I've got a bit sick of the community playlists because some people are too casual and sometimes I can hardly win a game for quitters, team killers and people who are generally horrible at the game.

Still, I love the franchise, the story and all of the games. I'm really looking forward to November! :D

Last edited: 8 Jun 2012
  7. samkiller42

Bumping this back up, with release in way less than a month. Don't know about you, but i'm very much looking forward to playing this, And, November 6th, is a Tuesday, which is my day off:thumb:

Sam

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've pre-ordered this from Tesco, Looking forward to playing it but I've still to complete Reach (Don't think I got further than the second level) and I've still got lots of odds and ends left to do in ODST (didn't enjoy this one as much as the other Halo games although co-op was fun), and I've still to even start looking at the co-op in Anniversary.

Also think I'm going to be stuck in Darksiders 2 for a while, trying to find every boatman coin/Relic/Stone Bite...

9. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Collector's Edition preordered. Limited edition pad preordered. Bring it. Can. Not. Wait. :D

10. rma

rma Minimodder

11. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

I hated Reach in every way possible because it deviated so much from previous Halo's (reticle bloom, weapon balance, map design, armour abilities), but I am hoping they sort all this out for 4.

12. Phalanx

On a related note, I hope you're all watching the Forward Unto Dawn episodes online! They are freaking fantastic! NEED FILM!

13. samkiller42

Part 1:

Part 2:

I've got the standard edition on Pre-Order, but i'm tempted to spend a little extra on the Limited Edition.

Sam

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

H4 Collector's edition preordered here, because HFB4L - Halo FanBoi For Life :hehe:

I'm also very temped to order the limited edition console, but having only had my (freakin' steal of a price, thank you Ebay ;)) Reach console for a matter of months, I'd better not :worried: I will be getting my hands on a sweet H4 controller though, to add to my massive Halo contoller collection :thumb:

I can't wait until November! I want it NAO! :lol: One of my XBL friends and I have played through CE:A Co-Op on Legendary for the past couple of weeks, now hoping to start Reach Co-Op Legendary and have it done by the 6th as well! You never know, we might even have time to do ODST too :)

The Forward Unto Dawn episodes are incredible. This game is going to blow us all away :eeek:

15. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I think I will give this one a miss - I have had them all and for me Reach was the final straw as I just thought it didn't really add anything. I find them a little too claustrophobic these days - and similarly to CoD a bit too whiz bang without the content.

I was a big fan in the early days and Halo on the Xbox was pretty much a revolution in gaming. I was speechless at what I was witnessing and it confirmed to me that console gaming had changed forever.

I am sure it will sell by the bucket-load though and I know a lot of my friends will buy it and enjoy it. Good luck to it.

I am interested to see what Bungie come up with next though - Project Destiny is it? I hope they take things in a new direction rather than just throwing out a Halo clone - with their 'agreement' with Activision reported in the press I am a little sceptical of it pushing too many boundaries!

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm going to get this, bought every one so far. I've avoided the post-leak stuff, but the trailers for the single player reminded me of Metroid Prime, both in the way the Prometheans looked and the more varied attack patterns of enemies.

I hope the grenade catcher isn't the only interesting enemy they have, if it is that will be disappointing. I also hope the campaign's a bit longer (got to dream), Reach took me a few days to beat, which was nice.

I honestly think that shortly after 'Project Destiny' is released that Bungie will be wound up. There is seemingly no scenario in that contract where Bungie come out on top, or even break even. If they succeed, Activision decides whether to pay them and how much (Or pulls an Infinity Ward, guts the place and moves PD2 to someone else), if they fail Activision keeps the money and Bungie effectively ends on the spot.

Given Activision's tendency to move franchises away from and then gut developers I don't see Bungie having a future.

17. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

It's the bit in that contract which states Bungie get a bonus if it achieves 90 or more in Metacritic that sums up all that is wrong with the attitudes of publishers.

18. samkiller42

I have seen a video that was posted, that was 10 mins from one of the campaign levels, and they have included something, i really, really didn't want to see included in a Halo title.
    Still going to enjoy it though, i've enjoyed all previous titles, would like to see more of them on PC, 1 and 2 were good on PC.

Sam

19. Phalanx

Amazing really that Bungie managed to get that contract; especially when they're not even involved in making Halo 4!

20. LifeLongGamer

LifeLongGamer What's a Dremel?

I'm going to be getting the Limited Edition game, console, guide as well as the art book and 2 extra controllers. Probably a headset if they release one. I have pretty much every Halo collectible available bar a few rare things, Halo's sort of my thing if you hadn't guessed :D