1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Memory testing on POST

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Bonzo45, 17 Jul 2009.

1. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Hey

I had a problem recently where my PC did a memory test which made it take ages to boot up, which is a pain when I'm switching between XP and Win7RC. I reset my CMOS and that fixed the problem.

Yesterday I dusted my PC, with an air duster, and after plugging it all in again it did the memory test, this morning I reset the CMOS (twice) and still the memory test is run each time the PC boots.

Interestingly the memory test is sometimes displayed as "Memory testin" or "Memory testi~"

Gigabyte have said that I should RMA it however I'm pretty sure they're just going to get it and say it's all better, then the next time I dust it it'll screw up again. As this has happened before!

Please help,
    Bonzo

Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

There's an option in one of the BIOS screens (sorry, can't for the life of me remember which one) called "Quick Boot" which needs to be enabled to skip memory testing.

Also, you should be able to press Esc to skip it.

3. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Motherboards Memory testing on POST - Game lag

Hey, thanks for reply

I managed to get the test to stop, by disabling legacy support, whatever that means. However now my games get lag, COD4/5 are unplayable, but Half life 2 seems fine. GRID also runs slower than before. To get to the CMOS battery I had to remove my graphics card as the cooler obstructs it.

Anybody know why I'm getting lag in my games?
    Bonzo